Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CCi stingers

CCi stingers

I thought I would try some of these fast little pills in my modest JW15.
    First shot, I got a facefull of shit, some getting my left eye. Thought I best put glasses on before trying more.
    The following six shots all did the same thing, so I am glad I put the eye protection on.
    Not impressed

Has anyone else experienced this issue ?
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

That sucks.
    My brother swears by them, he has a Henry lever.

What happened to the projectile?

no issue with any cci product and i have shot 1000's of them all in ruger 10/22's

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    What happened to the projectile?
    Projectiles went where they were supposed to go
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

We are talking about a norinco product, have had a really bad run with them....

I have had the rifle over a year and it has fired all sorts in that time, without issues. Some flavours are more accurate than others, including other CCI , but none have done this before, so I don't believe the rifle is the problem
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Not ruptured cases? This will sound stupid but are you shooting into the wind? Could be unburnt powder being blown back at you. Ive used a few stingers and never had this problem but do find them dirty (lots of unburned powder) in semis.

What do the cases look like? my JW has fired very many brands and models of ammo including the stinger without issue.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Hey Pengy, seems a little strange. You could have a bad batch of ammo but unlikely. I go through 1000s of rounds down here. I don't bother with the Hi Speed stuff anymore..... I don't think they kill any better than a well placed sub - sonic.
    I also have a humble JW15 and never had any problems with any ammo.
    To get 6 shots in a row throw shit back at you makes me think it maybe rifle related. I have had three Norinco's now, the first two were rubbish but I now have an early JW15 A and it's a rabbit killing beast of a thing.
    Maybe it's the slightly longer case ? Higher pressure ?

Sub's and a suppressor mate
    rossi.45 likes this.

I had a box sitting around for maybe thirty years - so a couple of months back i thought I would put them through the Unique for longer range maggies - I fired about three five shot groups over about fifteen minutes to sight it in at about 50m
    The barrel and action got VERY hot - so I decided that maybe they were not suitable for a semi auto - so I gave it a miss

time out never had that in mine but filled the action with yellow unburnt powder bits and the bore was full as well. They cycled and shot well enough though but offered no advantage, the velocitor were better but again offered no advantage over the std stuff and cost heaps more.

Pengy I used them for a bit in my 10/22 untill one literally blew up in my face, blew the extractor clean off the rifle never to be found again (I suspect it disintegrated) ended up with little burn marks all over my hand, crap in my eyes, and crap in my pants
    tetawa likes this.

Hi Pengy. Many many moons ago I used the stingers. They were a dirty bullet for sure. I got real good at cleaning my little CBC. Now I have 2 JW's and feed them either Winchester bulk pack (555 or 333) for plinking or Kilwell subs when using the suppressor. The JW's love either and get good grouping no matter who's on the trigger (my wife and daughter get better groups than me).

IMHO, I would suggest it's an ammo issue, if you don't have this problem with your usual pills.

Cheers
    Pengy likes this.

Well, I am sure as hell no expert, but the cases look fine to my eyes, and the rifle shoots anything else without a problem. This includes win subs as well as other cci stuff.
    I am putting it down to a duff box of amo for the time being.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1