Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Colfo trust & confidence survey

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Jones View Post
    Something else to consider, when the time comes regarding changes to the firearms act and COLFO ask for shooters to make submissions to police, no one bothers to do it. I think from memory the last time was a only few hundred out of 234K licenced firearms owners that made submissions, even after COLFO's lawyers had collected all the details together to make it simple for licenced firearms owners to submit. Its very difficult to "grow a pair" and stand up to police with the level of apathy and support displayed by shooters in NZ, but they keep on working for licenced firearms owners, because not to is defeat, and no one wants that do they.
    Quite correct.... BUT, it seems that when pro-forma submissions are facilitated in the fashion that COLFO apparently did they often get shit-canned, rather than due consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Quite correct.... BUT, it seems that when pro-forma submissions are facilitated in the fashion that COLFO apparently did they often get shit-canned, rather than due consideration?
    Yes. Ive been on the compiling and reporting end. They are bundled and weighted. Substance is the significant factor, not repitition.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    When COLFO send out the information for a submission, they specify on their post NOT to cut and paste the info but to use the info and rewrite it into their own words to stop them being all classed together as only one submission. Maybe that isnt being done then.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt08 View Post
    The other big problem is alot off hunters are very practical people and the thought off just trying to do a submission is a very scary concept and I fall into that category and I wouldn't even know where to start to do one so like me most people I put in the two hard basket
    And that is why the COLFO lawyers assemble the information for people to use to rewrite into their own submission, then send it to all their member organisations to circulate to their members.