Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Cops have two Glocks stolen in Gore.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    I can completely relate to your view of the upper police hierarchy and I do understand where your coming from where people have the view gangs operate with complete impunity but alas there are always people in the background working on operations to net as many of those fuckers in one go and take away all their assets but unlike the gangs the police have laws to adhere to where evidence has to be obtained.

If the government were serious about "gun violence" then when the first tranche of new laws were introduced this year National asked for a "Firearms Prohibition" law to be introduced but Labour and the Greens weren't going to allow it... have to wonder why as it's such a useful tool and targets the right people... not firearm owners!

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/crimina...bition-orders/

For the second tranche of laws Labour proposed, National asked for the "Firearms Prohibition" to be introduced and again they were told... lets put it on the table and discuss it later this year which is basically saying... yeah, nah, not interested, not gonna happen!!!

Anyway... I for one would love to see the "Firearms Prohibition" introduced as I could see many police having a field day with those fuckers who got issued one!

Exactly why it should never happen.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

@ vietnamcam why?... don't people want the gangs and criminals targeted?

There would have to be a pretty good threshold to be issued an order in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Seventenths View Post
    @ vietnamcam why?... don't people want the gangs and criminals targeted?

There would have to be a pretty good threshold to be issued an order in the first place!
    if you re read your last line,that Vietnamcam has highlighted..... and changed wording slightly ...it might become clearer....
    that COULD be abused badly by some gungho person with a grudge..... it appears we all agree on the safeguards being needed...

I could see it being a great tool for police to target gangs and thier associates if one has been ordered......MIGHT have been wiser choice of wording perhaps???
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Fair call Micky... maybe I should have worded things a bit more PC however before an order would be issued I would expect one to be issued via the courts and not through Police unlike its done in Australia that way there is safeguards in place in order to prevent the liberals claiming abuse of power.

No doubt if such an order were to be implemented here in NZ there would be changes, safeguards, checks and balances put in place however lets no loose focus on who the orders are designed for which is persons who have a clear criminal record with a tendency towards violence mostly with firearms.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I could see it being a great tool for police to target gangs and thier associates if one has been ordered......MIGHT have been wiser choice of wording perhaps???
    Yes, you don't want to set up police to be able to legally act like the biggest patched gang in the country.

Safeguards are there because they are necessary, because cops are people, and people are... well, people.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sightpicture View Post
    So, regardless of the above ducking and diving you stand by the

Nope... not one "gang member" in the country has a license!

Anyone identified as associating or going down that path soon has their license revoked.

Oh wait - you didn't address that at all.

Also, why do you want me to do your employer's research for you? We pay taxes for these* people to do that

* https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/...ligence-centre

Give them a ring on Monday. Good luck.
    I found this link and the implications profound. The common denominator is 'Benefits'. This follows through to high rates of offending, imprisonment and domestic violence which presumably includes child abuse. Would Gangs still exist without the enabling effect of benefits ??

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I found this link and the implications profound. The common denominator is 'Benefits'. This follows through to high rates of offending, imprisonment and domestic violence which presumably includes child abuse. Would Gangs still exist without the enabling effect of benefits ??
    Agree, a MOST disconcerting chart. Drugs/Alcohol dimension not included but presumed. Making benefits contingent on clear drug testing may have something going for it. But that won't catch out alcohol abusers or the ones with kids who go hungry with no shoes because of tobacco addiction (kids, thank God for vaping).

East European friend of mind is shaking his head at the NZ BP/MM gangs who are really slumming it, driving round in clapped out cars, etc. Russian Mafia: nothing less than a BMW. Suppose just different ways of living the sad low life.