Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Couriering weapons?

Fastways or your local gun shop.

I've had firearms delivered on four separate occasions, and every time there's no fonecall or contact to me even tho fone numba is on parcels, left on my doorstep every time. One while I was home having a sleep in, no knock on door or anything. How daft is that?
    Ya can't park there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Geeze my place is like a gun shop at times, amazing what's floating around at smokos!
    sounds like another rewinder i know
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Hunting a fishing if there is one handy.

You will need to leave your details there including your phone number so they can call you. I just sent a rifle to hunt fish and they won't send unless they have all the receivers details.

Thanks for that guys and girl(s). I will go talk to GC, its just around the corner, I prefer talking to the H&F guys, less of a hard sales pitch. I do like the idea of store to store and I never have problems buying stuff that I "may" need "one day"

In-reply to your posts;

1. I can't just grab and hide it under the desk. The mail office deliver courier goods to our desks, and I'm on the top floor, its not worth my job.
    2. Weapon vs Firearm, yes I guess I am trying to be PC, being a new guy on the site an all.
    3. No not WINZ however it is a SOE
    4. Dougie, do you mean Mike the Fire Arms Officer? we have talked, nice enough guy but man are they slow with the FAL, plus I don't trust the cop shop to not loose stuff, "all care no responsibilty"

northdude
    Just send it to me don't forget to write happy birthday on the box
    steven and Tommy like this.

I just get it held in fistways depot (seaview), or Castle/PosteHaste as they are closer in the gorge and go pick it up. or what you could do is get the bolt delivered to work and the rest delivered to home. NB Wellington is known for being slow for FALs. I find Mike great to deal with, anyone else not so, best avoided.
    Last edited by steven; 12-08-2015 at 04:57 PM.
    Roddy likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Trust me guys, it's not just you in Wellington who have to wait a long time to get anything done via the arms officer!

ive had them delivered by nz couriers and peter bakers make it signature required and they,l hang on to it till they get one.
    but yes if thier base is handy pick it up from there.

Anyone had issues with fastways i didn't bring the police form as ive never had to before when sending a firearm and the woman at the depot said i had to bring the original in and they had to then sight my license and couldn't deliver it rurally it had to be at the local agent that id have to ring and ask them if it was ok for someone to come get it from them

I don't have issues with Fastways. i take them a package and they courier it. They don't ask me what it is, I don't volunteer what it is.
    They can't/won't do rural as they subcontract to NZ Post to do the rural part, NZ Post refuse to carry anything to do with firearms.
    Shooter likes this.

I just ring them, tell them it's a rifle with no bolt or ammo, pay $20 over the phone by credit card, they come and get it. Then it's on the other side of the country 24 hours later. Was quite impressed actually

I sent one last week with post haste. Told them it was a rifle with no bolt and it was delivered the next morning.

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

northdude
    ive just sent 2 by nz post as far as they know its just boring car parts only been asked once tho and ive sent a few