Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Earpro in Advertising

Interesting read on suppressors in the States.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/26/2...ries-atf-rules

Cheers
    Phil

In my case, I think the smacks around the ears I got from the old lady as I grew up from a wee snot til I left home did more damage than any rifle shot has.
    If you can just be yourself,
    You can be anything.

Earpro in Advertising

I was born 50% loss both ears. Made do with out hearing aids once I left school. Pretty conscious of wearing ear pro whilst using chainsaws and open cab tractors. Recently being fitted with hearing aids again after 20 odd years of making do. I miss out on so much to do with hearing. Iíll wear hearing aids after work (.when I remember). Whenever I take them out I notice the loss. It sucks.

Look after your hearing. You only get one set of ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A330driver, Steelisreal and Phil_H like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Quote: I cant help but wonder in our current climate perhaps our wonderful pm could subsidise suppressors for us in the name of health & safety .

This, I believe is the main premise for the NRA trying to get suppressors easily and readily available in the US,....Its a good excuse if nothing else...

I can come home to kiwi and get a suppressor without any hassle,..to get one here in Oregon,....its joke...6 months,and more hassle than a bull can shit...
    Iím sure the yanks used to think the same about our free standing pistol grips !!! , but yea whatís not to like about saving your ears , loosing some recoil and not spooking game so much .
    Really it should be highlighted a bit more with people starting out or as mentioned in advertising it would certainly validate the use of suppressors with the bureaucrats a bit more .
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

I have hearing damage from shotguns at the age of 18 without ear pro. I know loads of half deaf people from the days when ear pro wasn’t a thing. If you can use it then use it. Once you know if you are a lucky one or susceptible one then it’s too late anyway. It’s got zero to do with being soft or needing to harden up. That is just ridiculous and ignorant.
    6x47, WillB, Oli1102 and 1 others like this.