Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Fire Arms Theft ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    I know, Muppet City Let alone the quote saying "Tipple said the weapons..."
    Somebody said they hated the use of that word recently in another thread - I can see why now. Saying 'Weapon' instead of firearm / rifle / shotgun etc instantly invokes the idea of 'gun nut' into the equation.

As for me - calling them weapons is a bad habit left over from my time in the grunts. They were weapons and everything we did revolved around keeping them in working order and within 3m of us at all times. I hated those rust farms by the end to be honest. I never want to see another steyr aug / minimi / mag58 ever again haha

You can upload the images or short clips to an ftp server. This can be anywhere in the world. You can even set these up to send them to your email. I have them setup and they are great. The cameras are $100 from pbtech and they have night vision and motion detection.

Well worth it. If anyone needs a hand setting one up I am happy to help

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think this is a timely reminder to never post anything about firearms online that can identify your full name... far too easy to just look people up in the White Pages.

Also, people who have Facebook, follow these instructions to see how much of your profile can be viewed by the public. If it's far too much than you would like, let me know and I'll run through the steps to lock your account down so the public can't see shit.
    Hunt4life likes this.

Because of this thread me an dad just finished putting another lock onto the safe
    VIVA LA HOWA

I'm looking at now getting a camera installed. I already have a completely second alarm installed just for the area where the safe is installed but I reckon a camera will help the police track and get them off the street quicker. I would hate if anything did get stolen and was used in a serious crime where someone was hurt in a bad way...
    rs200nz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs View Post
    I'm looking at now getting a camera installed. I already have a completely second alarm installed just for the area where the safe is installed but I reckon a camera will help the police track and get them off the street quicker. I would hate if anything did get stolen and was used in a serious crime where someone was hurt in a bad way...
    If you have a home alarm system, install Reed switches on any doors that have to be opened to get to the safe, if your alarm is capable of it you can even configure it to have those particular sensors as separate zones to the rest of the house which can be reported differently to the monitoring service.

It means that you can have the monitoring company immediately contact the police with a 'Firearms theft' rather than going through the call the house/ask for verification deal, etc.
    DAF, P38, Dougie and 1 others like this.

look at axis or hik vision cameras they are self contained and use a sd in the camera lots of models provide atleast 720p recording if not full 1080 you can run them off a poe injector in your home network and remotely view them from your smart phone well the axis ones anyway not sure about the hik vision but the hik vision are half the cost

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbishi View Post
    If you have a home alarm system, install Reed switches on any doors that have to be opened to get to the safe, if your alarm is capable of it you can even configure it to have those particular sensors as separate zones to the rest of the house which can be reported differently to the monitoring service.

It means that you can have the monitoring company immediately contact the police with a 'Firearms theft' rather than going through the call the house/ask for verification deal, etc.

most alarms can be setup with an expander on the main alarm if you are low on zones and also have a separate partition with their own keypad or configure a keypad to swap between partitions

Wireless IP Camera ptz home security camera pan and title Webcam 11 LED Night Vision WIFI Camera-in CCTV Cameras from Home Improvement on Aliexpress.com You can get these for next to nothing with free shipping to NZ. Would be worth trying one of these out as you can remotely pan/tilt/zoom etc.
    Trevs likes this.

seriously? you want to put a badly made cheap chineese camera thats image quality isnt great incharge of capturing footage for 1000s in firearms . seriously the cameras i suggested are in the 4-600$ range pretty cheap investment if you ask me i deal with security and cctv all day every day and have seen what cheap cameras are like in use
    Nathan F likes this.

lol I'm sure there are many people on here that want a camera but don't to spend that kind of $$$. The camera I have linked above is an example of what you can get overseas. I have $100 d-link cameras and they work fine. Good clear images for a very decent price. Probably comes from the same factory bud.

Anyway having a shit camera is better than no camera. Don't mock em untill you try em!
    Trevs likes this.

have a mate whose in process of getting his FAL.told by coppers he requires minimum of 2mm thick steel safe -with locks or means of locking able to resist burglars with hand tools!???"this is a requirement of the arms act???"
    me needless to say Im very pedantic re mine-my keys are on me at alltimes -noonethat is noone goes near it without my knowingand being present ,and if i decide your eyes is too close together -tuff shit way you go!mind you also have great neighbours who wont hesitate to challenge anyone seen acting suspiciously,likewise myself.that coupled with more pets (of varying ferocity)and a mrs(where do you want that funeral wreath sent to young man)could make any attempt to break in interesting.
    seriously i think constant awareness and checking is of primary importance ,and if youre unhappy with something remedy it immediately.
    as for the slackarse fourth estate -Enough said.the trademe message board -said my bit but got sick of the keyboard warriors and the emotive clad shit.
    308 likes this.