Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Firearm and Public Health Seminar

Systolic makes a good point. Just letting them have their small circle jerk would actually be more productive for us. Initially, I thought a good solid attendance of well-informed firearms community members would be a no-brainer, but none of these muppets will have any sort of change of heart with actual facts. Fanning the flames of the mongvention will just give it credibility and media coverage (which won't include anything said by us, you can bet on that).
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    maybe we should contribute to a fund so a few of the more articulate people on the forum could attend to put a logical and unskewed point of view to the meeting .
    ill donate.
    berg243, Cordite and outlander like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Every shooting discipline needs to have at least one representitive there IMO
    ill forward this to the antique arms secretary. try get our man there.
    Use enough gun

Have to agree with Tommy and Systolic on this.
    But maybe we should have a meeting on the growing unhealthy biased anti gun culture that is growing in nz.
    Wait did I just read that that gun culture comes from going outside better put a stop to that

Better buy shares in Soffas and TVs
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Or just ignore totally it.

Any attempt to disrupt either the seminar itself or the speaker's entries to the country will only give the seminar and speakers publicity further than the couple of hundred people who know about it now.

They would like nothing more than attempts to disrupt or influence the seminar so they can claim to be under attack by gun owners.
    do we have an expert at debating in our group? if we do then a prepared argument with prepared answers to typical bullshit might be worth it. worth considering anyway.
    Or at least someone with great self control who can correct any bullshit, and do it with a smile.

or hire that chick who threw a dildo at steven joyce's face. id pay to see something like that happen!
    Tommy, berg243 and outlander like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Systolic makes a good point. Just letting them have their small circle jerk would actually be more productive for us. Initially, I thought a good solid attendance of well-informed firearms community members would be a no-brainer, but none of these muppets will have any sort of change of heart with actual facts. Fanning the flames of the mongvention will just give it credibility and media coverage (which won't include anything said by us, you can bet on that).
    mongvention. gold.
    Use enough gun

Fanning the flames of the mongvention will just give it credibility and media coverage (which won't include anything said by us, you can bet on that).[/QUOTE]

true.
    outlander likes this.
    Use enough gun

Gillespie, Alpers and Cahill - Jesus wept. What a mutual ego-stroke that'll be. Not one of them representing anyone except themselves. $300 for that load of shit? I'd rather buy some reloading stuff
    outdoorlad and outlander like this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    do we have an expert at debating in our group? if we do then a prepared argument with prepared answers to typical bullshit might be worth it. worth considering anyway.
    Or at least someone with great self control who can correct any bullshit, and do it with a smile.

or hire that chick who threw a dildo at steven joyce's face. id pay to see something like that happen!
    Correct. Nicole McKee is very good, and any like her would be great. I'd certainly chip in a few notes to have a few like her attend (@Beavis has been mentioned elsewhere), but I reckon having a lynch mob turn up isn't going to help AT ALL. Sometimes less is more.
    res and outlander like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    duh -cmon you should know a pisstake when you see one or are you flagging a little??
    Sure systolic knows. Some might not know. Or specifically, some will be very happy to deliberately misunderstand and quote accordingly to have a go at gun owners.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Have to agree with Tommy and Systolic on this.
    But maybe we should have a meeting on the growing unhealthy biased anti gun culture that is growing in nz.
    Wait did I just read that that gun culture comes from going outside better put a stop to that

Better buy shares in Soffas and TVs
    Yeah, but the TV is inhabited by a Troll with a very unhealthy guns and violence culture: NCIS, Blacklist, Walking Dead, Blue Bloods, Law and Order, SVU, APB, etc. etc

ill gladly go and speak on behalf of many folks but given many of ya know how quick I fire up it would be best I kept quiet on this topic because id give em hell otherwise

Nicholas Taylor , the barrister should go there. He would also know how to debunk their bullshit.
    As to that Hera girl regarding gun culture, what does she know about it?! Probably not much with her "sexual" back ground, and specially coming from the uk where pretty much any thing out of the classic hunting firearms and the hod target rifle is banned .
    I would like to see them coming to the north island try to propagate their bullshit and where there might be a few more good opposition voices against theirs.
    outlander likes this.

My mistake, I did not realise the seminar was in Wellington , I thought university of Otago would have been in South Island

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    My mistake, I did not realise the seminar was in Wellington , I thought university of Otago would have been in South Island
    Dang! Didn't see that. Not attending myself then. Who do I send my $50 to?