Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Firearms in Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    This is the only image that I can find of a Police vehicle lockbox - I dont know if it is current. Surely if we transport our firearms in a manner equivalent to the manner in which the Police themselves transport ( and leave unattended ) firearms we are covered. If we are considered to be breaking the law, then we are breaking it no more and no less than the Police must be breaking the law ?? https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&ur...r4kDegUIARCBAQ
    Someone already answered your post, but here is the actual drawer safe used by NZ Police. I'd not go for exactly that, but instead lock the firearm in the car in a concealment and the bolt would still come with me if detachable.

Name:  pg3aGunsafe.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  37.1 KB

(But I'd not carry half a shotgun around. English police shot Harry Stanley who carried a table leg in a plastic bag. His offense was being Scottish, which someone had mistakenly mistaken for him having an Irish accent and their AOS got called in. I mean, it would be OK shooting someone for actually being Irish, no?)
    Last edited by Cordite; 08-02-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Someone already answered your post, but here is the actual drawer safe used by NZ Police. I'd not go for exactly that, but instead lock the firearm in the car in a concealment and the bolt would still come with me if detachable.

Attachment 159875

(But I'd not carry half a shotgun around. English police shot Harry Stanley who carried a table leg in a plastic bag. His offense was being Scottish, which someone had mistakenly mistaken for him having an Irish accent and their AOS got called in. I mean, it would be OK shooting someone for actually being Irish, no?)
    Agree on carrying bolt on person. I think shooting the Irish (southern) is going a bit far but following the lead of the American Eugenics society and sterilising them is completely acceptable.
    gadgetman likes this.