Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Guns in schools

We had 25m indoor 22 shooting as an elective sport at Wanganui boys when I was there in 85

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Nikki Kaye

Training in the 7 basic firearms safety rules should be a compulsory subject in high school.

Cheers
    Pete
    It would breed better attitudes in our students in general.
    But sadly, very unlikely to happen.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Not with idiots like Delahunty,
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

In the early 80s 1RR in Bluff, Durban would sometimes entertain a local high school by demonstrating various explosives down on the beach. An envelope containing a sheet of plastic explosive would be used to destroy a desk and a length of Cordtex in the sand would be detonated.

Sometimes an RPG-7 would be fired out over the sea. If it does not hit a target after ~920m it explodes and one would see a brilliant white flash and then hear the boom from the explosion. Pity that never happened at my high school.
    Tommy likes this.

Sorry I have an issue with this article - FIRED an assault weapon? I highly doubt it.

Sure, guns are "for killing people". I was in the army and never killed anyone... nor wanted to. I enjoyed my shooting (and was pretty dang good at it!) but my goal was to get to Antartica.

What a psychopath, hey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maca49, shooternz, 10-Ring and 4 others like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

We cant have guns at school, that would mean they would be taught responsibility and discipline and that is something we are encouraged not to teach as parents now.......fucking cotton wool state.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    We cant have guns at school, that would mean they would be taught responsibility and discipline and that is something we are encouraged not to teach as parents now.......fucking cotton wool state.
    Yes Gibo. Guns are bad, ohhhh. They must be wrapped up, out of sight and never seen. That way when one is seen it is even more mysterious and badder.

A bit like DOC and the battle for the birds. If they kill off almost all the slow breeding native birds, like that seem intent on, and leave a great void for the faster breeding introduced species then the natives will be rarer and any sighting of them will be so much more exciting. Then they'll have more reason to keep doing what they are doing.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Bus driver
    Awesome to see this type of Gun education.... for any one!!!.My first introductions was the WGTN Deerstalkers range over in Makara in the 70,s, promoted by the Porirua police at porirua college.. 6 of us went,had the time of our lives.Now,I carry an H&K 40 in the cockpit to keep the peace from worldly idiots that try to take it from me...My point.. The training I received from the deer stalkers assoc has stayed with me,and set the stage,attitude,and competency that comes from firearms education.The dedicated people that are willing to teach this should be applauded
    gadgetman, Gibo and Cyclops like this.

My old mate has traveled the world hunting and has some nice mounted heads. He regularly gets offers to give talks on his hobby at various schools. He told me he always takes his rifle and sits it at the back of the display, he said he loves the discussion that goes on when his talk is finished and they inspect the heads and find the rifle he used to shoot some of the animals, many kids are curious and love to learn about the rifle.
    gadgetman, Gibo, Boaraxa and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

When I was growing up most of the fathers in my neighbourhood were WW11 vets a lot of them had a firearm of some sort .22Rf and shotguns and a few .303's all of the kids knew who had what
    and where is was stored, If we asked nicely we got to handle them and got basic safety instructions no one ever took one we had respect for others property unless it was fruit trees,
    nobody locked their door back then you could pop up the road shopping for an hour or two and be sure you would not be burgled,
    Now the bastards nick your clothes of the line.
    Gibo likes this.

Banned

Banned
    Well at least by the time the army is ever allowed to do a similar demonstration again, they will have LMTs to show the kids.

Then the stocks can be collapsed to let the kids get a better length of pull and better cheek weld. That should make it even more enjoyable for them.
    Boaraxa likes this.

What a Nanny state we are.
    gonetropo likes this.

we teach kid's safety about road's,fire,etc but when it come's to gun they are not allowed to even see them let alone talk about them and that just make's gun more intresting for kid's

Quote Originally Posted by nightshooter View Post
    we teach kid's safety about road's,fire,etc but when it come's to gun they are not allowed to even see them let alone talk about them and that just make's gun more intresting for kid's
    Are you a teacher mate? What are your thoughts on that?