Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: How Fucking stupid are some people

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I was in an Auckland gun shop, as a customer, several years ago when a guy came in with a rifle for sale [308 I think]. When he went to pass the rifle to the shop assistant he was asked to "please open the bolt", he did so and a live round popped out and I was close enough for the round to bounce off me before landing on the floor. The shop assistant, fat little fucker that he was, went ballistic, and rightly so...the gun owner standing there with his gob open down to his chest mutters "O shit, I wonder how long that has been in there"
    Fuck me dead. That is just dumb
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Mate, I got banned from a nudist camp, because everytime I turned around in a crowd, someone got hurt or property was damaged
    Hahahahahahaha
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Mate, I got banned from a nudist camp, because everytime I turned around in a crowd, someone got hurt or property was damaged
    Now you are just boasting.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

looking at all the naked blokes get you a bit too excited mate? ha
    Wirehunt likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    Wanna watch what you say there mate! The kiwi girls are only any good when they have a mouth full ha nah I can't say that I love their accents!

Na! I stand by what I said tbh Some kiwi accents are no better either. Why is it when Ozzy chicks are on a cell phone, every fucker has to hear the conversation?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

we all have our deadshits its just the loud ones are easier to notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    we all have our deadshits its just the loud ones are easier to notice!
    True words.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Very simple Toby, cause it's safe and EVERYONE around it knows it is too. Closed bolt? I wonder if it's loaded. I'd rather have crap in the rifle but know it's safe than the other way.
    Even the boy goes WTF if he sees someone with a bolt down.
    I think it is debatable actually. Having crap in the gun just made it a bomb. If you're out hunting then you probably wont have your cleaning rod on hand, so will you now risk it or do the right thing and go back to the hut to clean it. Also a very dangerous risk IMO.

The only other way is having a half cock system mod but that voids your warranty (with tikkas and sako's at least).

What i reckon is to get everyone's attention, aim in a safe direction, remove the mag, cycle it a couple of times, eyeball the empty chamber and close the bolt, recheck the safe direction bit and dry fire it. In the Infantry that was the process we called 'clearing the weapon'. To be done when you pick up the rifle, if someone hands it to you, if you're crossing an obstacle like a fence etc. But if you're anywhere near people who didnt see you clear the weapon i s'pose its your own obligation to take the mag / bolt off for their sake

At Beretta, people would send us warranty jobs or service issues via the couriers with live ammunition chambered. Some of the shops did it too which really pissed us off - but that's why you ALWAYS clear a rifle the second you pick it up.

The only guy who UD'd in the army (that i saw) took his lesson to heart and went on to become a full sniper who deployed in 2 warzones. Anyone can fuck this up if they are distracted momentarily. He was just lucky that the "aim it in a safe direction bit" habbit meant that when he failed to remove the mag when clearing it that the live shot went into the dirt and not into my face.
    Savage1 likes this.

Na! I stand by what I said tbh Some kiwi accents are no better either. Why is it when Ozzy chicks are on a cell phone, every fucker has to hear the conversation?
    Its a generation thing - the emo boys with justin beiber haircuts do that shit too. Its just as bad here though. What do the pretty kiwi girls do? Dunno, they're all on the gold coast trying to become hairdressors. Trust me, kiwis with thick accents sound just as annoying when you live over there. I know because mates in both countries give me shit about my mishmash dialect

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    .......... But if you're anywhere near people who didnt see you clear the weapon i s'pose its your own obligation to take the mag / bolt off for their sake
    This is what I'm talking about. You can clear the fucker twenty times. But if I don't see it how do I know?

Bolt open and I do know. If it gets crap down the barrel you'd be mighty unlucky, especially if you buy a decent rifle with a good half open......

So the basic concensus is that you should not put a loaded gun on the back seat of a car? ha

.....'Yeah Right'.......
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Ejected
    It's true Scouser. His tongue was in the way all the time....
    veitnamcam and Gibo like this.