Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Im lost for words

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    The ever increasing tone of a war zone for New Zealands deadly streets. Endless references to the "front line".

"It's like asking a soldier not to load his rifle until he is ready to fire."

It is just a job. People do dangerous jobs. People talk to armed mobs with machetes in a calm and conversational manner. People get punched, kicked and spat at as doorman for $20 and hour and if they put the slightest bruise on someone its and assault charge.

Its a safe country, there is no need to go all world war three every time a nutter goes nuts. The militarisation of police forces is ridiculous, but when they don't seem to get any training other than being convinced they are going to war on joe public its scary and a bit weird.

The language, the guns, the costumes. Ridiculous.

I have seen similar set ups in police states. The crims are nothing compared to the cops once they think they are soldiers.
    Remind me what experience you have with policing in NZ, police training and dealing with the criminal element, because your comments seem to display a distinct lack.

Cops talk to armed people in a calm conversational manner, but it often doesn't work through no fault of the officers. Doorman don't get charged for putting bruises on people, most of the time it's justified, and when it's not that is when they get charged, much like a Police Officer. Cops don't get much more than $20 an hour either.

NZ is a safe country as a whole, and I'd like it to stay that way, but parts of it aren't safe, funnily enough Police spend most of their time in those areas, areas I'm guessing you don't go by choice.

Cops don't get trained that they are going "war on joe public", however they do get some training on how to lessen the risks to themselves.

Language ridiculous, how so? Guns ridiculous, how so? Should they get a Tikka or a 10/22? Costumes ridiculous, I'm guessing you're talking about the AOS 'costume'. Have you got a more practical way of carrying the necessary equipment along with body armour? Militarization or just practical and safe in a given situation?

I've seen and dealt with some corrupt Police forces overseas, luckily the NZ Police is a long way off of that.
    sako75, Shooter, Dougie and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Ditto Tussock well said, amazing how those involved close ranks and stick their heads in the sand! It's just a job people choose to do, it's as bad as being a care giver to me. Stop fucking trying to cover up. Open up an face the facts, it's a fuck up and him and his boss should be done! The situation was under control and still someone gets shot! It could have been a fellow cop or a person walking past. Why the protection?
    Agree, but the problem is we don't know who this guy is or why the AOS where called. If it went more along the lines off............AOS accidentally shots rapist while handcuffed........I wonder how this thread would be tracking
    stumpy likes this.

Ditto Tussock well said, amazing how those involved close ranks and stick their heads in the sand! It's just a job people choose to do, it's as bad as being a care giver to me. Stop fucking trying to cover up. Open up an face the facts, it's a fuck up and him and his boss should be done! The situation was under control and still someone gets shot! It could have been a fellow cop or a person walking past. Why the protection?
    What cover up?! The officer was charged by Police and the prosecution was handed on to the Crown then he was acquitted by a jury who were presented the available facts! Who closed ranks? Who conducted the cover up? What protection was offered to the officer? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    kiwijames, Shooter, Dougie and 1 others like this.

I'd be fine with that, would have shot him myself but it's very basic to have a loaded gun when the situ is under control. Hope he's not a weekend hunter!
    screamO likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Not surprised you gotta remember the Police are "special (highly trained )people" not at all like us mere mortals.

God forbid a licensed firearms user did that in self defence they would be financially ruined among other things. More and more it seems "do as we say not as we do ......" and they wonder why their credibility is shattered with the public at large
    Farmer walks free after fatally shooting intruder - National - NZ Herald News

And no I'm not defending the Police officer in this action, sweeping generalisations do no-one any good.

Needing to have a firearm to do your job for safety ? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yemen looked the same although I was only passing thru on a visa run
    Argentina too, when I was there cops earned around $100US and had to supply their own sidearm and most if not all Govt employeys were getting IOU slips instead of pay.
    They were expected to be corrupt to earn a living. Little ol country boy me first time ever overseas had been in the country less than a hour and was being led running threw riots in the st where I saw a cop shot presumably dead and all I could think was dont loose that guy(the guy who picked me up from the airport)
    Everything was done with bribes,company even allocated me bribe money(not enough)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Accidental shooting in South Auckland - National - NZ Herald News

I would say this would be what you are after...
    Himm read that...."Police were called to a house on Tyrone St in Otara about 5pm after reports there had been a shooting - and arrived to find a sawn-off shotgun and a man with a serious head wound."
    Sawn-off shotgun?
    Since when are they legal?

Yeah, nah. It is in the utopia we live in, but we live off borrowed money. People make the decision not to take an interest in what can be done to them or the erosion of their liberties.

Most of the world lives in fear and the nasty shit that happens to them is due to the wealth gap. The very rich people start to sweat when they are surrounded by the very poor, and increasing brutality is required to keep the rabble in its place.
    What a load of dribble. Every time I have ended up with a bunch of cops kneeling on my chest I dammed well deserved it
    EeeBees, Dougie, BRADS and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    What cover up?! The officer was charged by Police and the prosecution was handed on to the Crown then he was acquitted by a jury who were presented the available facts! Who closed ranks? Who conducted the cover up? What protection was offered to the officer? You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
    Savage the protectionism and closed ranks is all over you. If any business, and policing is a business, it has to be open, totally open. The police are not there yet. I respect the fact you have a job that burns you, but you need to look through it and see it is not perfect.As I've said before I respect the police and the law, but there are times a wound has to be opened and cleaned out correctly for it to heal and consequences faced squarely. Leave excuses behind.
    veitnamcam, Sasquatch and Jexla like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Himm read that...."Police were called to a house on Tyrone St in Otara about 5pm after reports there had been a shooting - and arrived to find a sawn-off shotgun and a man with a serious head wound."
    Sawn-off shotgun?
    Since when are they legal?
    As long as it is over 762mm then there is nothing wrong with it. I have one that I have "sawn" off sitting at 765mm, whats your issue?
    Last edited by Shooter; 04-02-2016 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Poor Spelling
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

Savage the protectionism and closed ranks is all over you. If any business, and policing is a business, it has to be open, totally open. The police are not there yet. I respect the fact you have a job that burns you, but you need to look through it and see it is not perfect.As I've said before I respect the police and the law, but there are times a wound has to be opened and cleaned out correctly for it to heal and consequences faced squarely. Leave excuses behind.
    I think you are talking about an old Police force, I'm the first to admit the Police aren't perfect but corrupt? No way, not in my experience, and is also shown clearly by how quick Police are to prosecute their own, just as in this case. I'm not sure what you've experienced in the past, but I can assure you that things have changed.

Tribe my girl lived and worked with file their teeth down to points. This is because when they win a fight, they rip their opponents nuts off with their teeth, then either hang them from the rafters in their hut, or wear them around their necks.
    You go out with Sue Bradford?

Tribe my girl lived and worked with file their teeth down to points. This is because when they win a fight, they rip their opponents nuts off with their teeth, then either hang them from the rafters in their hut, or wear them around their necks.
    Sounds like the Helen Clark School of Dentistry.
    veitnamcam, Pointer, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    It will be funny when your vehicle is stolen and used in a armed robbery and the AOS storm your house.
    Cool story.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I think you are talking about an old Police force, I'm the first to admit the Police aren't perfect but corrupt? No way, not in my experience, and is also shown clearly by how quick Police are to prosecute their own, just as in this case. I'm not sure what you've experienced in the past, but I can assure you that things have changed.
    There's to much internal assessment, there should be an independent body that looks at this, open is a great free word, releasing it is a prob in most companies.
    You know if the police opened up the general public would be even more supportive,
    Boom, cough,cough,cough