Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Im lost for words

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Read it before you make assumptions. It's not really what it's about at all.

Maca is aggrieved, a victim and he wants justice. VC is worse, he's afraid of being a victim. It happened to him once and it can happen to you!

Has anyone stopped to ask how this man came to have the armed offenders there? I bet our 'victim' is under no illusions at all as to why they paid him a visit.
    Yes read it before you make assumptions.

I am not a victim or afraid...I was making the point that everything that happens in your life is not in your control as you and kiwi james suggested.

I dont think Tobys cancer was his doing just life being life and further illistrates my point that you are clearly missing.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Munsey and Jexla like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yes read it before you make assumptions.

I am not a victim or afraid...I was making the point that everything that happens in your life is not in your control as you and kiwi james suggested.

I dont think Tobys cancer was his doing just life being life and further illistrates my point that you are clearly missing.

I think they said everything that happens in your life is a result of your decisions, no mention of control. The result of your decision could however be good or bad. i.e. lady goes outside and is attacked as there was a shitface out there vs. lady went back inside to get something and shitface moved on unknowingly. Her decision changed the result but they were here decisions.
    Pointer likes this.

Yep. This guy didn't wake up this morning and think 'I'd love a cop to shoot me today' he did however make a decision to do something to attract an armed policeman to him.

In the same way that out little old lady didn't choose to be attacked, but she can choose to deal with it, or dwell on it and die inside.

Which raises an interesting side point. I believe an 80+ year old person would deal with it better than younger people. Most people that age know real hardship and trouble of a global kind. We have grown up in good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Accidents happen. When it's the general public having an accident makes you a criminal and when your a cop, not so much.
    He was just doing his job!

Imagine if that line worked for us....
    Grim and veitnamcam like this.

Exactly

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Imagine going to a safety meeting and trying to use the justification that because an object is dangerous it makes stuffing up with it more acceptable.
    Imagine if Police had time for a safety meeting before each job, and they had all of the information needed for such a meeting, imagine.

You talk about if it was a civilian then they would have had the book thrown at them and their lives destroyed, you can't compare the two, a civilian would never have been in that situation, but then I guess that wouldn't support your argument.

If Police aren't working in the real world then I'm not sure which world they are working in considering they're dealing and reacting to what happens in front of them. I've never known a Police Officer to be accused of not living in the 'real world'.

A builder with a nail gun wouldn't be going into a hostile house with an armed offender to arrest him. Another completely irrelevant by you Tussock, however I do enjoy them, maybe it's a glimpse into the real world for me.
    Pointer and kiwijames like this.

No cops aren't civilians, try looking up the definition of 'civilian'.

I absolutely agree that weapons are a poor substitute for respect and sympathy from the population, lucky you can (and we do) have both.

All the cops I know use their communication skills first, but they don't always work so they must be able to step it up when needed, it's up to the subject how the officer will react.

I agree on the term civilian. I also think the term "the public" is in more common use for a reason.

Unarmed policing is a founding premise of the respect and sympathy of the public is it not. So I imagine when they are armed, they are prepared to accept the same level of suspicion or mistrust as any other armed police force?

The sympathy comes from doing a dangerous job in a vulnerable way. Once they are doing it in a forceful way, whats the point of feeling sorry for them?
    I disagree, I think what tools an officer has on his belt has nothing to do with sympathy and respect coming from the public, that sympathy and respect comes from doing a job that helps people and is often dangerous and thankless while maintaining a high level of respect and integrity.

I think you're way off.
    Kscott, Pointer, Ryan and 1 others like this.

Yeah, and the attitudes of the public in this thread reflect that............

I don't think cops spend enough time listening to "civilians".
    Using this thread as a gauge of public opinion towards Police is just stupid. As usual, the antis make the most noise. Police are generally held in high regard

Don't just take my word for it:

Trust survey results revealed: MPs, journalists least trusted - National - NZ Herald News

Surveys show few agencies are more trusted than NZ Police | Integrity Talking Points

Police, health, courts most trusted by M

The job of Police revolves around listening to civilians, you're not getting the policing and justice sector confused are you?
    stretch likes this.

This thread is going well ah
    kiwijames likes this.

Savage open business is good business believe me, if the police opened up and were more transparent to the public I':O_Om sure 99% would be behind them helping. When some in the police make their own law its just wrong, a smart AO is one that realises the guys with FALs are his friend in nearly every case, benign lovers of firearms, but sadly in most case they are the enemy to be controlled.
    Jexla likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    This thread is going well ah
    Shut up, go fishing or do something useful!!
    EeeBees likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

tussock old chap just as i said youve got your opinion ive got mine .youve also mooted youre a bit of ye old anarchist at heart ,so no doubt that may colour ya thinking somewhat .pleas do not try to interpret my role in this world based on your own philosophies though as tis very easy to make errors ,which frankly may cause me to react a little .craziness ok--its mental illness in this day and age,your phraseology is that of the unruly unkempt ignorant ,which i clearly know youre not
    /
    I float my stick with dougie &co-we were not present at the initial incident ,we do not know when where what what ,only the slanted left wing utterances of an outfit whose by word is sleaze.
    what we do know is that jurisprudence has been actioned and a result obtained.

of course,there is indignation galore,well hows abouts the age old mantra "if you think we aint up to scratch ,feel free to show us how to do it better"
    the blunt version being of course "put up or shutup". cops like us nurses are only HUMAN,got that HUMAN.humans can and do make mistakes-thats how most humans are produced!
    when we are in a bloody life /death situation with screaming aggro or terrified humans from arsehole to breakfast ,turmoil is a fertile breeding ground for things to go tits up and alas it does happen.
    Theres not denyin your concerns but for gods sake lets put those concerns into a little context eh,including perhaps a little more respect for those who choose to man the thin blue line dealing with humans under bloody adverse circumstances. the guy who fucked up is probably feeling like shit ,and will carry that feeling for a lifetime-,do you really think your wee shovelful is gonna make him feel any better about it.

cops armed would mean more training and more use. Therefore more familiarity with firearms.
    that means the potential for these incidents of cops shooting themselves could go down.

To be honest they're not particularly common. It's just NZ is a pretty cool place and when they do happen they make national news because not much else bad is happening.

I wouldn't treat them different whatever they have on their belt either.

Quote Originally Posted by nseagoon View Post
    cops armed would mean more training and more use. Therefore more familiarity with firearms.
    that means the potential for these incidents of cops shooting themselves could go down.

To be honest they're not particularly common. It's just NZ is a pretty cool place and when they do happen they make national news because not much else bad is happening.

I wouldn't treat them different whatever they have on their belt either.
    As you can see from the above image, when the glock was introduced, police were given 20 hours training with it.
    20 hours.