Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Inappropriate sentencing

He is an aggressive arrogant idiot who think she can run around and say whatever he wants without repercussions.

I have never liked him, or the rest of his mob.

The only issue is whom now is to take the helm of the Police portfolio??

I for one would like to see someone with some actual law experience, and a bit of a hard liner actually, to take the lead. I don't think there's anyone in that mob who can or will do this.

They are all too new age and piss weak.
    outlander and Localman like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I am certainly not a fan of Stuart Nash (in fact I would happily kick him in the nuts if we ever met) but I cannot fault his sentiment on either of these two controversial matters. What a fucking sad state of affairs when a man cannot express his opinion ( minister of the crown or not). Stupid parliamentary rules show what’s nanny state we truly are.
    7mmwsm, kotuku, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Banned
    In this matter we might share Nash's sentiment, however it is a slippery slope to begin down if ministers start to influence judiciary. Just look at Israel at the moment the Knesset wanting to change the law so that they can over-rule decisions made by the supreme court
    HG Man and XR500 like this.

The separations of power is fundamental to democracy. Parliament, the Executive (Cabinet), the Judiciary.

Like Mallard, Nash is a bobber boy.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    In this matter we might share Nash's sentiment, however it is a slippery slope to begin down if ministers start to influence judiciary. Just look at Israel at the moment the Knesset wanting to change the law so that they can over-rule decisions made by the supreme court
    We can do that already in NZ, and have for a long time. Arguably it's safer to have that arrangement in Israel which has large coalitions than in NZ which has fewer parties and small coalitions. Heck, Parliament passes bills often that retrospectively make things legal.
    Your example is poor. A Minister influencing the courts is totally different to Parliament exercising a power it legitimately has.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post
    We can do that already in NZ, and have for a long time. Arguably it's safer to have that arrangement in Israel which has large coalitions than in NZ which has fewer parties and small coalitions. Heck, Parliament passes bills often that retrospectively make things legal.
    Your example is poor. A Minister influencing the courts is totally different to Parliament exercising a power it legitimately has.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.
    No. Our parliament can not over rule Court decisions. But the Crown can appeal court decisions and can lose.
    All our Parliament can do is change legislation that affects the application of the law, albeit sometimes retrospectively.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Kinda wonder at times how we have managed to get the prison population down to 8000-odd from over 10K in 2017 without any apparent change in legislation?
    Localman likes this.

Easy. Just don't send people to jail for things that should definitely be an imprisonment offence. And then be surprised when those people don't abide by their community "sentence" time after time.

Free Range Lunatic Asylum

and today.........he is now lowest ranking MP.....almost out the door....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Just watching the News, boasting about how many trillions of $$$$$$$s Gaming & virtual reality with be worth in the future. Great clip of shooting automatic weapons at imaginary enemies.
    A certain Tennant guy was playing these games & bugger me the people he was playing these games with gave him a reference for a proper firearm.
    Micky Duck likes this.

judiciary nwhen sentencing are bound by the relevant act of law....law formulated and bought into an active role by.......yep you guessed it -that naughty word again!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Kinda wonder at times how we have managed to get the prison population down to 8000-odd from over 10K in 2017 without any apparent change in legislation?
    Simple, you just dont lock them up when they deserve it. And then we wonder why they go on to re offend and make more victims out of innocent people.

Just shit
    Andrew46826 and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    No. Our parliament can not over rule Court decisions. But the Crown can appeal court decisions and can lose.
    All our Parliament can do is change legislation that affects the application of the law, albeit sometimes retrospectively.
    We're arguing the same point. If the Crown loses an appeal they can change the law. That's the ultimate override. It's better than winning an appeal.
    The courts only have the power to say whether the Crown acted within the powers granted to them by the law. If the law is changed the courts have to interpret the law. If the law is in breach of our unwritten constitution then the courts will say so, but Parliament is sovereign.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parl...ry_sovereignty

GDMP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Great clip of shooting automatic weapons at imaginary enemies.
    Have a look at Onward, it's a multiplayer team milsim. Heaps of fun, but also teaches you about the ins and outs of various weapons and squad tactics.

Then there is this stuff: