Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Licensing and mental illness

On a brighter note, the mate I'm spending time with who was on a dark road is surely feeling better and brighter, and is even going to counselling to help himself along. Non judgement on my part may have helped a little too maybe. I'm just glad he's doing better and hoping the worst is over.
    Maca49 and Dan88 like this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Your not a manipulator of society MACA49; yur just a layer of smoke

6.5's don't make much though, do they. nah; all good mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    On a brighter note, the mate I'm spending time with who was on a dark road is surely feeling better and brighter, and is even going to counselling to help himself along. Non judgement on my part may have helped a little too maybe. I'm just glad he's doing better and hoping the worst is over.
    There's light at the end of the tunnel, it's just you think you will never be "normal" again, good you are supporting, it can be a taxing job!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Your not a manipulator of society MACA49; yur just a layer of smoke

6.5's don't make much though, do they. nah; all good mate.
    Your right Woody, a few hours in the car with you will be therapeutic! Looking forward to it
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I recently saw a quote written by an isolated man, almost a hermit, who knew he was about to die alone. He wrote; "happiness is sharing".

So much sadness is caused by isolation of people, associates, relatives, or even friends by persons afraid of recognising and accepting the other persons right to a point of view, their feelings and their right to live a little outside the dictates of perceived political correctness and then actually encouraging others to isolate or not have close associations with that poor person.

The manipulators of society feed on this trait. They break some people and cause others to retrench, retreat and hide. It may be true that social media like farcebook et al are more lethal than firearms.
    your last paragraph is spot on in regard to many suicides amongst the adolescent age group woody, aint that the bloody truth.

Yes. I find it very sad. Kids are coming out of school having not been taught that in the real world there are winners and losers, and it is really really important to try to be a winner. NZ did not win the rugby world cup by simple "participation". I see many kids, including some close, who at 18 plus, have no idea what to do with their life, and are totally confused about what PC is and whether it is important as the authorities that have dominated them for so many years actually make out. In the meantime the authorities just create more and more restrictions and "rules". It is no wonder peoples attention span gets shattered. Short attention span plus distraction gets people hurt or killed.
    Interestingly, I just made a comment to some other associates who are discussing firearms accidents. Compare the number of firearms accidents amongst deerhunters, where for most game is hard to access and hard to succeed in bagging; --with accidents involving pig hunters, where risks should be higher, but the activity is much more social, and the game more accessible and plentiful with a greater chance of success but few firearms fatalities! Pig hunting today probably allows for more mentoring of youngsters , with more positive successes, than deer hunting, where the difficulty for a young person to succeed and be mentored on a regular basis is much less likely. A possible solution may be for more deer populations to be deliberately managed in higher numbers in accessible recreational hunting forest parks than is presently the case. DoC and TB Free and their poisons should be kicked to hell and gone away from recreational hunting areas and forest parks, while at the same time, better access including 4wd bike trails, helipads, roads and camp sites should be constructed to foster hunting opportunities and success rates. I feel these moves would encourage more regular mentoring of young people and increase participation and integration with their older associates to the benefit of both; and hopefully a reduction of deer hunter shooting accidents.
    Dan88 likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    That is very well considered Woody.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Did you guys hear on the radio yesterday that the police in nz was attending about a100 incidents a day related to mental health issues?
    That is definitely more concerning than the couple of guns issues of the last few weeks.
    But if we were suggesting to register all those people with mental health issues, we would probably be qualified of nazi by the media?

One wonders about the mental health of the media at times eh.
    Pointer likes this.