Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Mates just had his placed burgled

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Shame to hear nothing like being burgled to make you angry and shock you a bit. Reminder to all to actually record your details and photograph stuff or you
    may have no chance of getting them back if you re asked to prove they were ever yours..
    Agreed Happy!
    This weekend I will be going room to room and photographing everything. I have a lot of non hunting toys that are worth a few bob.
    Oh and don't keep them on your computer, they will get nicked.
    Instead email them to yourself with a full list that way you can access anywhere.
    Gapped axe likes this.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Good thinking. Must do it myself as well.

I've not only done it with the contents of my safe, but also with my rollcab toolbox at work. Every six months or so I take photo of each drawer (30 drawers, it's taller than me lol) and send it to myself as an update on the contents. Was really uneasy at the thought of trying to remember everything in there, and be unable to prove that I had it to the insurance people. For instance, the Snap-on man will happily print off a list of stuff you've bought, but there's always a ton of miscellaneous other gear. Bit of peace of mind

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    The ability to be able to identify property that has been stolen is one of the best tools for a conviction and the chance of recovery for the rightful owner, not counting as proof for insurance.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Whilst on the subject of burglary, what's the go with insurance on firearms and other "non-standard" items? I'd like to ensure that my military collection and firearms are properly covered - is there a particular plan or company that specifically cover this sort of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Whilst on the subject of burglary, what's the go with insurance on firearms and other "non-standard" items? I'd like to ensure that my military collection and firearms are properly covered - is there a particular plan or company that specifically cover this sort of stuff?
    I'm with state and I have the standard contents insurance and my guns are all covered, with no limit of how many. I made sure to ask before I got my first gun.

Have heard that they class them as sport gear and depreciate them a lot, so you will likely only get a fraction of what they are really worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Agreed Happy!
    This weekend I will be going room to room and photographing everything. I have a lot of non hunting toys that are worth a few bob.
    Oh and don't keep them on your computer, they will get nicked.
    Instead email them to yourself with a full list that way you can access anywhere.
    Willie, please dont take this the wrong way, but not a good idea to advertise you ' have a lot of non hunting toys that are worth a few bob' on a public forum......just saying
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Willie, please dont take this the wrong way, but not a good idea to advertise you ' have a lot of non hunting toys that are worth a few bob' on a public forum......just saying
    Shhhh I'm heading there now

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Point taken, no bugger knows where I live but the world is linked by 2 degrees of separation.
    So you don't think I should mention what stone the spare key is kept under either?
    I wonder if I should add a google map of where I live?
    Scouser likes this.

My insurance is non-specified. For example I have insurance covering x dollars of contents, but do not have to specify what any of it is.

It was recommended to me by a friend who works in the media after he was involved in a story where an insurance companies database was either sold, stolen or hacked and thieves were using that to knock off firearms and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Point taken, no bugger knows where I live but the world is linked by 2 degrees of separation.
    So you don't think I should mention what stone the spare key is kept under either?
    I wonder if I should add a google map of where I live?
    We all know you live in Springfield and work at the school mate
    veitnamcam, Ryan, rs200nz and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    We all know you live in Springfield and work at the school mate
    +1 day & night shift.....sad sack!
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

He now has money to burn, insurance coughed up and also looks like the police know who the bugger is and only a matter of time.
    good news all round at the end of the day

If and when hopefully cops catch up with them and arms are recovered but insurance has already payed out what happens then ?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

res
    Normally the insurance company offers to sell the goods to the person who they were stolen from, if they don't want them then they go to auction
    Using Tapatalk