Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Thread: New Updated Arms Code 2017

lemme see... you can't rebutt any of my argument, people you talk to is your "resource" to form opinion, you clearly can't work out that words used in dictionary definitions are not singular, perscripitive and limiting, but are contextual, descriptive and compound in application and I don't have any valid argument?

Wee new flash... saying that I don't have an argument doesn't make it so. Endless repetition of that doesn't either.. it don't help you..

why do you think that u won something... ? U have no chance of winning this argument, cause you don't get it, by your own admission....

and by the way......
    I only use my "loosing form" for getting my shoes off at night...
    Innuendo is just a mexican suposititory, and because you seem pretty good at self administration, I'll leave that for you. kinda fitting, trophy for the "winner".....

by the way calling you an engineer isn't an insult is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    lemme see... you can't rebutt any of my argument, people you talk to is your "resource" to form opinion, you clearly can't work out that words used in dictionary definitions are not singular, perscripitive and limiting, but are contextual, descriptive and compound in application and I don't have any valid argument?

Wee new flash... saying that I don't have an argument doesn't make it so. Endless repetition of that doesn't either.. it don't help you..

why do you think that u won something... ? U have no chance of winning this argument, cause you don't get it, by your own admission....

and by the way......
    I only use my "loosing form" for getting my shoes off at night...
    Innuendo is just a mexican suposititory, and because you seem pretty good at self administration, I'll leave that for you. kinda fitting, trophy for the "winner".....

by the way calling you an engineer isn't an insult is it?
    No matter how hard you try to hammer the large square peg is will not fit in the small round hole. I have provided you with ample references to show that in fact the word conspiracy simple means 'a plan' in the big wide world outside of your narrow area of study. It does not have to have be hammered into your very narrow world, where in the context it was presented it stands quite happily. If you do not wish to accept that then you have admitted defeat. The choice of whether you accept it is entirely up to you.

in so far as pedantic wankery is concerned, you could assume that smarter people might know when to not engage with experts in it.....
    And innuendo like this is the adult form of snivelling. It is not becoming of you. Please pick yourself up, blow your nose, open the curtains and look at the big wide world out there. Put your books down more often and get out there and enjoy it.

By the way you only think that it requires an expert in the legal field because that is where you are trying to shift it. But that is not where it belongs. Accept it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

You two should get a room

More people being shot he reckons because of the rejected recommendations... I don't know about that, unless they're planning to shoot us FAL holders for not being bullied in to this!

As for Chris Cahills other comments on the radio interview, who are all these "hunters & duck hunters" he keeps referring too?? And to add he dreams up that a "majority" of us law abiding licence owners would of accepted at least half of the recommendations from the report.
    gadgetman and Danger Mouse like this.

By the way you only think that it requires an expert in the legal field because that is where you are trying to shift it. But that is not where it belongs. Accept it.
    no, not if you get it right... you quite entitled to get it right, if you keep getting it right eventually you become an expert, if you don't you should probably learn to rely on one more often. Arguing that a meaning of a word, that use isn't appropriate in the context that it is being can be used or that doesn't meet the expections of those reading it in that context, is simply misapplication. Nobody said it couldn't be used in different ways in more applicable contexts.

But you are not off to a good start so far. what lawyers are trained to do is to interpret and apply, words, words in context and the intention of where and how they are used. Its a general level of competance that has application in business, education, politics and in all other areas of society . Short of specific study of language, lawyers are one of the few groups that are trained in this area. Narrow area of study, what in the opinion of an engineer?? youre fricken hilarious...

this sort of illustrates your comphrehension problems...
    in so far as pedantic wankery is concerned, you could assume that smarter people might know when to not engage with experts in it.....
    And innuendo like this is the adult form of snivelling. It is not becoming of you. Please pick yourself up, blow your nose, open the curtains and look at the big wide world out there. Put your books down more often and get out there and enjoy it.
    let me spell this one out for you...

I am a pedantic wanker, I consider myself an expert in it. If you were smart you would avoid tangling with the pedantic wanker.....

its called self deprecation fella... and its clear to me why you don't get this argument, you can't work stuff out...

by the way, you are still tangling with me...

The fulcrum of your entire argument it that the word 'conspiracy' which means the noun 'plan' must be only used in a legal context. It was proved that it stood alone outside that context, and I'd already checked before first posting it. Your fulcrum to leverage it out of the wider usage into your little corner of expertise failed. It's over.
    Savage1 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

10+ pages of this and still counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    More people being shot he reckons because of the rejected recommendations... I don't know about that, unless they're planning to shoot us FAL holders for not being bullied in to this!

As for Chris Cahills other comments on the radio interview, who are all these "hunters & duck hunters" he keeps referring too?? And to add he dreams up that a "majority" of us law abiding licence owners would of accepted at least half of the recommendations from the report.
    Its just cahill lying again. He did state that he reads some of these forums and i suspect Kiwi gun blog. Accuses us of NRA style lobbying and refusing to budge. Well cahill you lying prick YOU created this situation. YOU lied and deceived, YOU publicly advocated for unaccepted and ineffective (and sometimes changes to what we already have you idiot) changes toward firearms. And then when we, the law abiding, publicly reject your changes and the associated breach of our rights, such as privacy and property rights, You attempt to deamonize us. YOU created this monster cahill. We have had enough, and we are resisting the unjustified proposals by you, and unlawful actions by nz police.

YOU have attempted to portray us as extremists and unfit for society, when ironically, it is YOUR lack of integrity that is displaying this. We will resist your absurd demands, and continue to show you up for the liar that you are.

The funny thing is next time Cahill says something I can't see Paula Bennett listening very hard. He has done himself (or the Police) no favours by his criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    The fulcrum of your entire argument it that the word 'conspiracy' which means the noun 'plan' must be only used in a legal context. It was proved that it stood alone outside that context, and I'd already checked before first posting it. Your fulcrum to leverage it out of the wider usage into your little corner of expertise failed. It's over.
    Nope - I always said it required that in this application, I have always said that the context determines the interpretation.....

provide the quote where I said that it must only be used in a legal context for all applications...

you're an arbitary wee chap aren't you... "I've won, its over, must only."...

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    The funny thing is next time Cahill says something I can't see Paula Bennett listening very hard. He has done himself (or the Police) no favours by his criticism.
    Especially regarding the "gun lobby"... as opposed to what, the police lobby?
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Especially regarding the "gun lobby"... as opposed to what, the police lobby?
    Ryan, we are meant to be meek and humble. Make sure that you always have a cap with you so that you can wring if in Cahill's presence, just as a show of sub-servitude.

well it would be good practice for some of us ...

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Its just cahill lying again. He did state that he reads some of these forums and i suspect Kiwi gun blog. Accuses us of NRA style lobbying and refusing to budge.
    I believe he may very well have been referring to KGB when he spoke about "blogs" however, when he referred to the "gun lobby" I am confident he was talking about FOUNZ.

He went on to say that "the gun lobby" represents less than 10,000 of the 240,000 firearm owners, this lines up with the amount of "Likes" FOUNZ has at almost 8000.

The most absurd thing about it is that FOUNZ hasn't lobbied anyone. FOUNZ makes no political donations, FOUNZ collects zero dollars from anyone to even do so.

All FOUNZ has done is use the power of social media to mobilize thousands of law abiding firearm owners to take part in the democratic process that has been used against them over and over again to further restrict their rights and freedoms.

This is a win because of everyone that took the time and effort to mail the minister and other MP's, plain a simple. We all did this together.
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    I believe he may very well have been referring to KGB when he spoke about "blogs" however, when he referred to the "gun lobby" I am confident he was talking about FOUNZ.

He went on to say that "the gun lobby" represents less than 10,000 of the 240,000 firearm owners, this lines up with the amount of "Likes" FOUNZ has at almost 8000.

The most absurd thing about it is that FOUNZ hasn't lobbied anyone. FOUNZ makes no political donations, FOUNZ collects zero dollars from anyone to even do so.

All FOUNZ has done is use the power of social media to mobilize thousands of law abiding firearm owners to take part in the democratic process that has been used against them over and over again to further restrict their rights and freedoms.

This is a win because of everyone that took the time and effort to mail the minister and other MP's, plain a simple. We all did this together.
    Yip all FOUNZ did was unite license holders. Cahill lied again.
    timattalon likes this.