Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Oh no, not again

bloody sad his poor wife and kids. it makes me think twice these days this time of year

Copy and paste from another forum

Rip adam.Very very sad. happend on the puki side of longwoods. guy who pulled the trigger is a very experienced hunter that has shot hundreds of deer and high up in the nzda. just makes ya wonder what our brains do to us at times
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Not good at all Pengy
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

How is the first dude that got shot this roar? Anyone no?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Sounds like he was shot and the gutless asshole that did it buggered off?!?
    Reading another report makes it sound like they don't know who the shooter was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    easy tiger,
    half of southland knows who did what, just because some reporter couldn't find a name from the cops yet don't mean the shooter has "buggered off"
    lets just settle down and let things get sorted before we set out on a complete witch hunt.
    greg
    Steveh054 likes this.

ing to conclusions
    Quote Originally Posted by greghud View Post
    easy tiger,
    half of southland knows who did what, just because some reporter couldn't find a name from the cops yet don't mean the shooter has "buggered off"
    lets just settle down and let things get sorted before we set out on a complete witch hunt.
    greg
    Well said Greg. He didn't "bugger off" as was previously stated, so lets not go jumping to conclusions and getting all self righteous until all the facts are known

Well, you cant blame the man if he did take off, especially if it was to get 'lawyered up'...the last one to do that got away with blatant murder with 9 month sentence in the pokie and about 7k fine.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

R93

Oh no, not again

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    ing to conclusions
    Well said Greg. He didn't "bugger off" as was previously stated, so lets not go jumping to conclusions and getting all self righteous until all the facts are known
    Jayzus, it wasn't a statement! Question marks give that away I would have thought.

It is simply how I and others assimilated the info from the written reports I read.
    Doesn't matter in the end because some incompetent asshole still shot and killed an innocent person no matter how you look at it.
    Self righteous? FFS!

moonhunt and Munsey like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Copy and paste from another forum

Rip adam.Very very sad. happend on the puki side of longwoods. guy who pulled the trigger is a very experienced hunter that has shot hundreds of deer and high up in the nzda. just makes ya wonder what our brains do to us at times
    My experience would be that most with that endorsement are lucky vegetables can't run, otherwise they'd go hungry.
    JoshC, BRADS and Cartman like this.

R93
    Yup! Just because your in the dorksteerers you are automatically experienced.

BRADS likes this.

Yup! Just because your in the dorksteerers you are automatically experienced.

Needless to say I do not condone what happened in any way!! The guy is a 45 year hunting veteran, I was talking to him a week ago and we were discussing this very topic....faark. Automatically experienced??? Some younger members join to learn from those that are more experienced I would have thought. The real tragedy of all this is the young man who got shot and the young wife and kids left behind. Perhaps we would be better to try to understand all the facts and try to find a way to prevent another incident of this kind.
    Happy likes this.

R93

Oh no, not again

Struggle to assimilate sarcasm do we?
    You obviously are personally involved in a way and know stuff the rest of us don't. So unless you can give the facts there is no point criticising everyone else's attitude on the matter.

But it is fair to say unless there are some extreme circumstances that would have this determined an accident, some idiot no matter how experienced they claim to be broke one of the simplest safety rules and killed someone.
    People claim there is a science to misidentification. I reckon it's a mindset not a science, to me claiming a perception as a science is just a cop out for fucking up.

I posted this on the other thread this morning

I just got off the phone from a mate who who heard the shot and spoke to the guilty party after the shooting. If what he told me is correct
    and Im sure he wouldnt embellish the truth then it does beggar belief

What im reading above confirms what he told me. Simple case of buck fever and the guy that was shot had high viz on.

Struggle to assimilate sarcasm do we?
    You obviously are personally involved in a way and know stuff the rest of us don't. So unless you can give the facts there is no point criticising everyone else's attitude on the matter.

But it is fair to say unless there are some extreme circumstances that would have this determined an accident, some idiot no matter how experienced they claim to be broke one of the simplest safety rules and killed someone.
    People claim there is a science to misidentification. I reckon it's a mindset not a science, to me claiming a perception as a science is just a cop out for fucking up.

Firstly I am not having a go at you!!! I was pointing out that the FACTS have not been made public so in esscence nobody knows what happened. I have not attacked anybody's attitude or opinion because I think all people are entitled to an opinion.....even me!! You may well be right in what you say but as you don't know the facts and nor does anyone else as yet.
    I don't understand the sarcasm comment

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    I posted this on the other thread this morning

I just got off the phone from a mate who who heard the shot and spoke to the guilty party after the shooting. If what he told me is correct
    and Im sure he wouldnt embellish the truth then it does beggar belief

What im reading above confirms what he told me. Simple case of buck fever and the guy that was shot had high viz on.
    45 years of hunting and gets buck fever? Pretty friggin sad for everyone involved.
    JoshC likes this.