Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Oh no, not again

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    Firstly I am not having a go at you!!! I was pointing out that the FACTS have not been made public so in esscence nobody knows what happened. I have not attacked anybody's attitude or opinion because I think all people are entitled to an opinion.....even me!! You may well be right in what you say but as you don't know the facts and nor does anyone else as yet.
    I don't understand the sarcasm comment
    My dorksteerers comment was sarcasm.

Facts? A hunter was shot in the chest and killed. I would have thought for 99% of the times a shooting in our backcountry happens, it is safe to assume a major form of negligence and stupidity was a contributing factor.
    I never said you were having ago at me. Couldn't care less if you were, as most of the time I would deserve it.
    Last edited by R93; 15-04-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    45 years of hunting and gets buck fever? Pretty friggin sad for everyone involved.
    Terrible

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    My dorksteerers comment was sarcasm.

Facts? A hunter was shot in the chest and killed. I would have thought for 99% of the times a shooting in our backcountry happens, it is safe to assume a major form of negligence and stupidity was a contributing factor.
    I never said you were having ago at me. Couldn't care less if you were, as most of the time I would deserve it.
    I see it all now (I think)

How does a person shoot someone in the chest when they are wearing an orange high vis? That just goes to show how careless and stupid someone can be. You are going out with a loaded rifle and are trusted to identify your target. If you can't do that then you are unfit to own a rifle. You can't just shoot at an object because it moves in the bush. I have had friends out at the back of Woodhill on dirt bikes that have been shot at by people in the forest. This was a number of years ago but it just goes to show there is someone out there prepared to take your life just for the hell of it.

I'm not saying this is the case with the incident but you have to seriously question the sanity of some people. I think some people are just out there to inflict pain.

RIP you poor innocent bastard.
    The fact that this still happens every year sickens me.
    rs200nz likes this.