Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Panelbeater narrowly avoids Armageddon

Panelbeater narrowly avoids Armageddon

Lucky guy to get away with that near miss,go buy a lotto ticket i recken.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Steel #2's would suggest they're reasonably recently installed
    tetawa likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Ha didn't find anything on this and chucked the link into the off topic section. I reckon a load of crap, used to open old unwanted shotgun shells with a grinder to recover the lead for sinkers and I still have a face and all my fingers.

I guess it could be different if you stuck the cut off wheel through the primer, but even then... Have seen shotgun rounds in a fire, and the biggest pop is the primer itself the powder just flares off. Might be different in a solid metal hull, but even so the guy was cutting through steel on a '74 Datsun. I'd concede it would be higher risk taking a cut off disc to a modern tissue EV (sorry I mean Tesla) but those '74 Datto's had all their strength in the body!

Gone but not forgotten
    Tiny car if four rounds of shotgun ammo can fill it up with gunpowder!
    Some journalist/editor needs to be sacked

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Ha didn't find anything on this and chucked the link into the off topic section. I reckon a load of crap, used to open old unwanted shotgun shells with a grinder to recover the lead for sinkers and I still have a face and all my fingers.

I guess it could be different if you stuck the cut off wheel through the primer, but even then... Have seen shotgun rounds in a fire, and the biggest pop is the primer itself the powder just flares off. Might be different in a solid metal hull, but even so the guy was cutting through steel on a '74 Datsun. I'd concede it would be higher risk taking a cut off disc to a modern tissue EV (sorry I mean Tesla) but those '74 Datto's had all their strength in the body!
    Actually, that is a good point! Fire and Emergency have a real issue to make sure they do not inadvertently cut through a high voltage cable, or ensuring there isn't a live wire or body panel at the scene of an e-accident.

Sensationalist headline to attract attention for a few rusty shot shells. If thats a car load of gunpowder what would they have made of Timothy McVeighs van.
    tetawa, Bol Tackshin and rewa like this.

https://youtu.be/_SSdLQcGEio
    what actually happens if you fire a shot shell outside barrel
    Finnwolf likes this.

over here, over there, either here, or there
    Pure sensationalist reporting, on a grand scale.

Regarding smokeless powder ammunition, I like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c For a shotgun cartridge, see from 2:30
    For powder "danger", this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6LGcn4I_4&t=10s

These videos were produced by SAAMI to dispel the usual "tales of woe".

It really is pretty harmless stuff when not confined to a firearm barrel.

Shotgun ammo is 1.4S, not likely to explode in bulk. Setting off one shouldn’t cause a sympathetic detonation of others.

Clickbait headline.
    Bol Tackshin and Finnwolf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Fire and Emergency have a real issue to make sure they do not inadvertently cut through a high voltage cable, or ensuring there isn't a live wire or body panel at the scene of an e-accident.

Safer to let it burn down to a smouldering heap
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Lol what a pillock
    outlander likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Yep, but sometimes you need to get the occupants out, against all temptation not to!

In our current climate of shortages of reloading supplies and factory ammunition I regard the posting of the 2 SAAMI videos as Cruel and Unduly harsh punishment..........I am offended......
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Kia ora xxxx,

Thank you for your email, which has been passed on to me as the chief news director of Stuff's Wellington newsroom.

We have since updated the headline to the following: The 1974 Datsun with hidden shotgun cartridges - and a panelbeater's close shave

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Joanna
    Bol Tackshin and Ben-tard like this.