Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Picture and serial number recording of firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    There is a site run by the police where you can record numbers and photos.
    Yeah, I wont be using that.

I have my firearms listed on there along with my other household goods and don't see a problem with it, no worse than trademe keeping your FAL number on file as well as your credit card number (they used my CC number a few times to catch me out on having a new account when my old one got into debt after selling my car on there)
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

hmm well when I renewed my fal the copper checked my safe and shit then took down all the serial numbers and makes and models of my
    firearms .... is that normal ?
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

They might ask to record your A cat stuff, but you don't have to let them.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynastar27 View Post
    hmm well when I renewed my fal the copper checked my safe and shit then took down all the serial numbers and makes and models of my
    firearms .... is that normal ?
    It is normal for them to want to but he should have asked and had your permission before he recorded anything. I have always been happy to provided the information to them.
    Kscott likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

i have taken photos of all my stuff (guns, golf clubs, car and car parts, household stuff etc) and uploaded them to photobucket into a locked folder so only i can access them for insurance purposes. Even if my PC & digital camera gets stolen or fire breaks out i still can access the pictures once i can log on.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Much easier just to follow people home from the range.
    So keep your eyes open for ppl observing you on the rnage and on the drive back, look for them again.......not that I'm paranoid...

"I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    I have my firearms listed on there along with my other household goods and don't see a problem with it, no worse than trademe keeping your FAL number on file as well as your credit card number (they used my CC number a few times to catch me out on having a new account when my old one got into debt after selling my car on there)
    I don't think Trade Me hold FAL numbers for long as I recently sold several firearms and yet they request re-entering number to ask question on a listing...and I did lol at you getting into trouble with them for trying to create new user account and not paying their debt on old one.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    So keep your eyes open for ppl observing you on the rnage and on the drive back, look for them again.......not that I'm paranoid...

Didn't that happen to the guy shutting the gate at the Hamilton club?.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    I don't think Trade Me hold FAL numbers for long as I recently sold several firearms and yet they request re-entering number to ask question on a listing...and I did lol at you getting into trouble with them for trying to create new user account and not paying their debt on old one.
    they do I used my firearms license once to ask a question on a .303 through my other halfs account and they sent an email saying oi that FAL number belongs to another account and don't do it again. As for that debt on the old account they shafted me on the cost to sell my wagon thought it was a one off listing fee with no success fees only to be sadly mistaken lol, but hey I got away with it for two years before they snapped me. Three things they hold on file a record of your firearms license, credit card and the IP address to your computer and internet provider
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals