Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Police Website Change of address Online?

Police Website Change of address Online?

Trying to find the change of address online, have just moved. There website directed me too some NZPost and to log on/password. Is this the case or am i on the wrong link. Cheers.

That's the one

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

Yeh you have to create a Nz post acc, doesn’t cost or anything and you just select the organisations you wish to inform, did mine 6weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back

Prior to being relocated from Jaffasville to Wanganui, I completed NZ Post's form which advisedall three Government organisations /whatever of my new address. N Z Post, the Electoral office and NZ Police.

Probably, not surprisingly, the only one of those three who reacted by recognising and using my new address was the Electoral office.

NZ Post failed to deliver my mail and argued endlessly as to my rural delivery being either notified or correct.

Constable Plod never responded in any way and when I approached them asking when they were going to call and check storage of the goodies, denied ever having received any advice of my relocation.

SO.............I advise ignoring NZ post's change of address forms / procedures completely and going directly to Plod and telling him yourself.
    Steve123 and Cordite like this.

Yeah it does seem a bit strange at first going through NZ Post ,but did the same thing when I returned from living in WA.
    I was expecting the police to come round and have a look at my security arrangements but no it was some weeks later I got a call from local arms officer who asked me how I was storing my firearms, I said I have bought a gun safe and bolted it into a cupboard and apart from a few other questions about keeping bolts and ammo stored separately that was it.
    Have not seen or heard from them since and that was November 2017.

Cheers guys just done it, why it doesnt take you straight to the source i dont know, seems like a long process to tell one org you have moved. Kept email incase anyhow.

Personally I wouldn't go via NZPost or any other outfit, as that's another group of people who would then know there's firearms at my address, and I'm a bit funny about that.
    Dublin likes this.

The Original Striker
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

Yes also found it to be a pain, between Canterbury police FAO not being interested, NZ post unhelpful logging in referring me on to real me who couldn't see why NZ post couldn't help me. No email for police except for tickets or payments, got cut off phoning the non-emergency number so ended up complaining about police to police but will probably not get any response from there either. Almost an hour wasted, just saw this post and contact details above, why couldn't the police make it that easy.

Just a side note from experience in the UK, this might become relevant in NZ.

I don’t email or phone in any details in regards to a change on my licenses. I send recorded post that needs to be signed at the other end. I take photos of all corespondents and keep all postage receipts to show details that I’ve sent it and that they have received it!

We know that it’s a human system and can and dose fail. (This is why they ditched the gun register the first time around)

Emails can be deleted and lost. They can even say hey we didn’t receive it even though you know you sent it. Phone calls sorry when did you call, who are you? NO don’t remember that one!

From the way this is going take my advice and cover your ass. Go recorded delivery. Might just save you a whole load of hassle further down the line.

Ps someone more computer savvy than me might have a system that shows if they have received an email....but it doesn’t stop them from deleting it.
    Have a paper trail it’s much better imo
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

That only works if the courier actually gets a signature. Virtually all the time they just scribble on it themselves

I used the online change of address. Took about 5 months before they checked the safe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    That only works if the courier actually gets a signature. Virtually all the time they just scribble on it themselves
    My take on what Sideshow has written is that we should use 'Registered Post' ( 'Recorded' in UK ) This cannot be delivered without the signature of the named recipient. The other way is to take two copies of a letter to the local Police station and get both signed and date stamped along with the officers ID. Keep one copy
    Sideshow likes this.

I did the online thing in January. When I called the arms officer after 15 March to confirm the changes, they had no idea of the change, technically making me a criminal. I can prove my online change took place, but I don't need the stress, expense and hassle that goes with being accused of a technical breach.
    Steve123 and Moa Hunter like this.

As Moa hunter says.
    Looks like you don’t have this system....shame keeps them honest as you have that they have received it.
    So maybe as Hunter says.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.