Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Pot shots with a 308

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Why? Do you think his family should suffer for bad decisions made by him?
    @systolic Do you think all of society should suffer so that his family does not?

His bad decisions have repercussions. (or at least they should) Does his family deserve to suffer because of him- Probably not. Will they? Probably. Why? Because, unfortunately for them, someone who is connected to them made some very stupid / dumb / moronic decisions. If he cared for his family perhaps he should have thought about it sooner, say, BEFORE he did something that would affect them.

His family will suffer, but not because of what the judge did or did not do, but because of one single, individual persons actions; That person is Dwayne Stubbings. He is wholly and completely responsible for his actions and the consequences that will befall his family.

Problem is that by the judge waving a wet bus ticket at him, now the rest of society gets to feel the consequences as well. If it was your family in the house, would you want him to be let go with no restraint on a repeat???????

On a different note, notice the media posted a picture of what is almost certainly NOT the firearm involved....Now ask yourselves why..... Why would they possibly do that?
    kiwijames, outlander and csmiffy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    @systolic Do you think all of society should suffer so that his family does not?

His bad decisions have repercussions. (or at least they should) Does his family deserve to suffer because of him- Probably not. Will they? Probably. Why? Because, unfortunately for them, someone who is connected to them made some very stupid / dumb / moronic decisions. If he cared for his family perhaps he should have thought about it sooner, say, BEFORE he did something that would affect them.

His family will suffer, but not because of what the judge did or did not do, but because of one single, individual persons actions; That person is Dwayne Stubbings. He is wholly and completely responsible for his actions and the consequences that will befall his family.

Problem is that by the judge waving a wet bus ticket at him, now the rest of society gets to feel the consequences as well. If it was your family in the house, would you want him to be let go with no restraint on a repeat???????

On a different note, notice the media posted a picture of what is almost certainly NOT the firearm involved....Now ask yourselves why..... Why would they possibly do that?
    Because the .22 looks way more dangerus cooler than his .308 bolt action and could be passed off as an MSSA, though I notice they avoided the precise term MSSA. Misdirection? Yes. Outright lying? No. Moral distinction? No.

His shooting spree would have been slightly less dangerous if he'd used the dangerous looking gun depicted.

I still can't get over the sentence. Can any on this forum imagine he'd have that sentence if he'd done what he did when sober? Alcohol remains the great excuser --- no matter how much judges flap their lips and say it's not.
    timattalon likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Because the .22 looks way more dangerus cooler than his .308 bolt action and could be passed off as an MSSA, though I notice they avoided the precise term MSSA. Misdirection? Yes. Outright lying? No. Moral distinction? No.

His shooting spree would have been slightly less dangerous if he'd used the dangerous looking gun depicted.

I still can't get over the sentence. Can any on this forum imagine he'd have that sentence if he'd done what he did when sober? Alcohol remains the great excuser --- no matter how much judges flap their lips and say it's not.
    Probably wont matter, but I thought it was an Sks / Skk. Gas tube on top etc but still not the 308.

As for the Alcohol- Yes people do dumb stuff when drunk, but that is not an excuse, I agree with you there. He chose to drink. So those actions are his responsibility. The victims will have noticed no difference between being shot at by an angry drunk or an angry sober person. Their lives were still at risk.

That is certainly going to qualify for the neighbour from hell. On that note, how did the judge think putting the offender in Home detention make sense when as a result, the victims live next door to the perpetrator? I personally feel that this is not on.
    outlander likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post

The photo is of a SKS or SKK 7.62x39mm rifle in a Dragunov stock. Not a .22. IT IS a MSSA.

The photo was taken from Stubbings' Facebook page. That's why they used it.
    outlander likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Probably wont matter, but I thought it was an Sks / Skk. Gas tube on top etc but still not the 308.

As for the Alcohol- Yes people do dumb stuff when drunk, but that is not an excuse, I agree with you there. He chose to drink. So those actions are his responsibility. The victims will have noticed no difference between being shot at by an angry drunk or an angry sober person. Their lives were still at risk.

That is certainly going to qualify for the neighbour from hell. On that note, how did the judge think putting the offender in Home detention make sense when as a result, the victims live next door to the perpetrator? I personally feel that this is not on.
    The victims don't live next door to Stubbings. They moved away after the shooting. So there's no reason he can't do home detention at his home.

Amazing how the media can record what the calibre of the rifle is in this instance and yet often they call air rifles / crossbows etc 'firearms'

On the topic of the actual incident.... Bloody ridiculous

The victims don't live next door to Stubbings. They moved away after the shooting. So there's no reason he can't do home detention at his home.
    Oh! That is just fine then. Glad you cleared that up
    Steve123, Cordite and outlander like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Maybe Stubbing's plays for Waikato?
    outlander likes this.

There must be more to it than is being reported. I mean, he can't of just got pissed up then aggro cos the neighbors looked funny. As usual with the media, the truth doesn't sell as much as a good clickbait story. The sentence sounds extremely light .
    223nut and outlander like this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Landcorp worker? will likely have lost his job

Why? Do you think his family should suffer for bad decisions made by him?
    They're probably better off without him by the sound of it. And were you really seriously suggesting that you couldn't work on a dairy farm without a firearms licence?
    outlander likes this.

Hmmm-got me suspicions somethings adrift in the top 2"-you know the grey stuff that stops ya eyeballs from flyinout the back of your swede and your ears from committing incest!
    furthermore what sticks out like dogs bolloxis a manifest anger problem and an inabuility to indulge in controlled use of alcohol.
    no doubt as usual the legal dept will say im talking through a hole in me hat!
    Mr legal beagle if i was his family id be disowning the bloody clown PERMANENTLY
    Boaraxa and outlander like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    They're probably better off without him by the sound of it. And were you really seriously suggesting that you couldn't work on a dairy farm without a firearms licence?
    No. But it could be a requirement for the particular job he was doing.

No rugby related posts on his Facebook page. Just cars, an E-cat SKK, AC/DC and other general bogan type stuff.

And he's 38, so his rugby days are well over.
    Golden Oldies

He is a fuckwit. Simple. Needs the bash and his hands broken- simple.
    His family should suffer for his actions the same as If I stuff up and go to jail. Mortgage doesn't get paid lose the house. My fault.
    he also shouldn't have a firearms license. We have a member on this forum that missed out on getting a firearms license because he called lifeline for help 3 years ago.
    This fuckwit made threats weeks previously, actually shot at people (as good as) with a pretty serious weapon as in not a silly little airsoft or a weak slug gun, and still keeps his license? Surely not.
    And his actions screw us all over and give the anti's ammunition to restrict our goings on.
    Major oxygen thief.
    kotuku, Boaraxa, Steve123 and 3 others like this.