Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Rifles stolen

People wouldnt have to hand over hard earned money if they didnt break the law...
    VIVA LA HOWA

Still need traffic cops, and lots of them, they're a deterrent more than anything and what deters better than losing money? Imagine the roads without them.

Good News!
    Sounds like they have been found all except the AR.
    Cops found when visiting/raiding some scum on a unrelated matter apparently.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

That's great.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Yep,still an AR out there tho.
    Hopefully if they lean on him enough he will spill the beans on where it is.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Did they say how he came into contact with these. he might of bought them thinking they were cheap guns. But then if his house needed to be raided by the coppers that says something.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Still need traffic cops, and lots of them, they're a deterrent more than anything and what deters better than losing money? Imagine the roads without them.
    Oh yeah that would be great Can I have missiles fitted to my car for those that give me grief, I promise I'll be good and accurate with them.
    Savage1 likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Good News!
    Sounds like they have been found all except the AR.
    Cops found when visiting/raiding some scum on a unrelated matter apparently.
    That is really excellent VC
    steven likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

If its all there except the AR then I'd hope they'd go down for a long time for on-selling the Cat E....

regards

Another theft of rifles today

"Police seek information after firearms stolen"

Hawera Police are seeking information after a burglary at a rural Okaiawa property where firearms were stolen in the early hours of this morning.

The occupants of the address were asleep when someone has entered the residence and removed a number of firearms, including a military style semi-automatic firearm.

A large quantity of ammunition and other household items were also taken.

"There are still a lot of details we are working through including how many firearms were taken and the probability that a vehicle was used.

Due to the geographical location of the burglary the person or people responsible may have gone either south through to Whanganui or north to New Plymouth," says Detective Byron Reid.

"We are concerned about the firearms falling into the wrong hands and I want to take this opportunity to remind licensed firearms owners to make sure they lock their weapons as required by law to keep them safe from burglars.

"Area canvasses are being completed and we are continuing to make inquiries in an effort to locate the firearms and the person or people responsible for taking them.

If anyone saw any suspicious activity in the Okaiawa area between 2:30am and 3:30am I urge you to contact police," says Detective Reid.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Reid on (06) 215 4151.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Bloody excellent! I'd get there faster
    GravelBen and BRADS like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Funny how they new were everything was hidden I would be looking closely to people who have been there
    Steveh054 likes this.

^
    Even worse, imagine your missus or kid hearing a noise and getting up to see what it was, and ending up confronting them.
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind

Quote Originally Posted by 260rem View Post
    Funny how they new were everything was hidden I would be looking closely to people who have been there
    Er......If you are referring to Dundees post, (Sorry if you are not) there appears to be nothing "hidden" as a family, asleep were not awoken by the removal of the fire arms and ammunition. Breaking open locked firearms cabinets or ripping off wall mounted locked racks, would generally rouse some body.

From the "cut and past" of Dundee's post, the impression I received is that the stolen goods were, shall we say "unsecured" and I would expect prosecutions to follow.
    Rusky likes this.

I heard there was major theft in Mataura from a farm house, has there been any update on that one?