Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Shooting Safety Glasses

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I have some Tasco ones I bought years ago. They have yellow lenses, it does seem to improve contrast. I can't remember what they cost but it wouldnt have been a lot, I probably have the box somewhere with the price sticker on it. If I recall correctly they can withstand a shotgun blast (was probably stated as a shot size at 20m or something like that), so your eyes are okay but the rest of your face is mince
    I found the original box. Tasco ProClass, $34, would have been bought around mid 1990s.
    They may have saved my eyesight once, I had a Dremel cutting disk shatter, the piece that hit me in the lip left a good burn!
    I never use power tools or hammers without eye protection, a guy I worked for pulled a nail out of a piece of wood and ended up needing a man-made lens in his eye, and he was lucky.

I just got a pair of shooting glasses from Craftsman sports in Chch. They're made by Randolph Engineering. I need prescription lenses so got the model that allows that, but they have lots of other models with a huge range of pretty coloured lenses you can swap around. Got excellent service from Craftsman, recommend them. But one thing I forgot to check with my optometrist, ha. I don't know how protective the corrective lenses really are. Hm.