Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Some useful statistics from Nicole McKee

Quote Originally Posted by SF90 View Post
    Just got an ACT email saying they will be scrapping Firearms Registry.

What sort of plane have we got ?
    I actually see it fly over the central NI once a month. It's a bit like a Harvard from the 60's. Faster than a Cessna 180 and noisier than my neighbours tractor.

Peter Jackson has a Fokker DR1 - wonder if it's that ?
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    Funny you mentioned that. I think it was pointed out at the time they shutttered Marsden Point - the reply was there isn't a predictable threat of maritime strife that may result in a breakdown of supply lines... Hmmm how's that working out?
    We USED to have a strategic economic statement (as a Nation) that we would always hold 90 days oil reserves in case of a "WTF" situation. That got pricey (for the people who like making extraordinary profits) so they begged to be able to have some of that strategic oil reserve reside in.....tankers at sea.
    All fine and dandy till its not.
    308, Moa Hunter and outlander like this.

Peter Jackson has a Fokker DR1 - wonder if it's that ?
    Nope. I'm pretty bloody sure that it only has one wing...unless two fell off over Hawera.

Banned
    Just got an ACT email saying they will be scrapping Firearms Registry.

What sort of plane have we got ?
    Can we see the email. I do not believe that Act can scrap it even if they want to more than anything else. NZ signed a UN agreement to introduce a recording system for privately held small arms. This NZ dept of internal affairs document I posted in a deleted thread along with excerpts from our Minister for Disarmament (Phil Tyford) speech. I wont post it again as anytime a UN related document is posted on the Forum the thread gets deleted, even when it is of NZ govt origin. Perhaps there are UN forum police in our midst ?
    outlander likes this.

I got the Email too. It will be released onto their website pretty soon. Look at it there so this thread does not disappear
    outlander likes this.

The way to remove the registry is to show it is ineffective and costs a sh.t load of money, which we haven't got.

I did write a whole lot more but it would probably be seen as "political" by the mods on here so deleted it......if you want to know what it was pm me.
    outlander and RV1 like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    I got the Email too. It will be released onto their website pretty soon. Look at it there so this thread does not disappear
    I have also received the email from Nicole and am about to jump to their policy document for a bit of a gecko.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Well - I suppose the thing is, will they do what they said they're gonna do - I've watched a bucket load of promises broken over the years.
    And then of course - National will be wearing the 'big mans pants' in that alliance, and I doubt they'll change it.

Mind, ACT have been pretty strong on that 'promise', so they may make it a priority - they know who's voting for them.

And - to XR500, they couldn't even hold chopper fuel reserves in Northland for when it was urgently required - people died because of that.
    RV1 likes this.

And having just read the plan for fair firearms law, my view is that it is well balanced and I have replied to the Act email telling them so. It certainly has my support.
    308, outlander and RV1 like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Well - I suppose the thing is, will they do what they said they're gonna do - I've watched a bucket load of promises broken over the years.
    And then of course - National will be wearing the 'big mans pants' in that alliance, and I doubt they'll change it.

Mind, ACT have been pretty strong on that 'promise', so they may make it a priority - they know who's voting for them.

And - to XR500, they couldn't even hold chopper fuel reserves in Northland for when it was urgently required - people died because of that.
    Your scepticism re broken promises is well founded. Who among us doesn’t remember Ron Mark’s support of our fraternity being shit on from a great height by his beloved leader Winnie? That said if David, Nicole et al can garner enough support come October then they could find themselves having considerable leverage to which any coalition partner just might have to acquiesce on occasion in order to advance their own agenda. (Fuck Rushy how did you blurt that our without mentioning any political party?).

As to your comment regarding the Northland tragedy it was not nearly scathing enough for what was such an indictment upon the state of preparedness of our emergency response services.
    Moa Hunter, omark, RV1 and 1 others like this.

The fuel issue in the boat incident isn't totally correct. There was plenty of fuel available but politics involved with who to get it from.
    No.3 likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

I'll try to be more 'scathing' in the future
    Moa Hunter, Finnwolf and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    Nope. I'm pretty bloody sure that it only has one wing...unless two fell off over Hawera.
    Has someone else pissed pootin off
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    We USED to have a strategic economic statement (as a Nation) that we would always hold 90 days oil reserves in case of a "WTF" situation. That got pricey (for the people who like making extraordinary profits) so they begged to be able to have some of that strategic oil reserve reside in.....tankers at sea.
    All fine and dandy till its not.
    Funny how that worked out too when we've had TWO boats turn up loaded with out of spec product and we can only turn the crap around and send it back out now as we no longer have any form of reprocessing capability locally! Can't rely on product on the water to be go to go is the lesson there.
    Moa Hunter and RV1 like this.