Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 2 Post By Maca49
  • 5 Post By 7mm tragic
  • 1 Post By Woody
  • 2 Post By Lentil
  • 1 Post By Lentil
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 3 Post By kotuku
  • 1 Post By kotuku
  • 1 Post By Lentil

Thread: Sour end to duck season 2023

Sour end to duck season 2023

Monday was the last day for ducks here in Eastern F&G. We stayed all day for 7 ducks, but just on evening, we had a ute turn up opposite us. Two guys got out of the ute (which was about 150m away), and we heard them loading up, which put us on edge. They then opened fire on our two swan decoys, which were half way across the lagoon - so 70m away. They fired rapid fire for 6 shots, and pellets were flying into the raupo one side of us, luckily about 10-15 metres away. I asked them not too politely what the hell they thought they were doing. There was a stunned silence from them, and one asked if we were alright, then they jumped in their ute and took off. I was gobsmacked that they broke a number of rules. I am just thankful that neither of us or the two dogs were injured.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

I have no words

I guess at least your camo is on point but yeah still so much
    Rich007, Lentil and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

@Lentil, you didn’t return fire? You old retired person. That would have scared the shite out of you, happy you were not harmed. Man there’s some dicks around.
    Might have to look at some fishing?
    Lentil and Moa Hunter like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

And that right there is why the politicians find it so easy to make life hard for us.

Hope you gave a description to ERFG.
    dannyb likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    @Lentil, you didn’t return fire? You old retired person. That would have scared the shite out of you, happy you were not harmed. Man there’s some dicks around.
    Might have to look at some fishing?
    Only returned fire with a verbal assault @Maca49 . Fishing may be a little hohum now mate, although a bait cannon may prove to be interesting!

We checked the decoys, and all the pellets had bounced off. Just goes to show how quickly steel pellets slow down.
    Maca49 and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Hope you gave a description to ERFG.
    Nah - these were just casual drive-ins. We heard a barrage of shots at the other end of the lagoon, and saw a bunch of swan lift off for a couple of hundred metres, so it was probably the same guys. It was about 5:20, so light was fading, so apart from a white ute, I couldn't get any description. I was too angry to think about grabbing my video camera, which I had just packed away.
    Micky Duck likes this.

stupid clowns..go on you for NOT doing anything silly...guys shooting decoys on water has been happening since we first got lifelife ones....so 40 or more years now... shooting on water has been a nono for about same amount of time but it doesnt stop some folks..
    a relative put it into perspective well a few years back
    if a fella just wants a few ducks to eat...well so be it...as long as then getting the ducks harms no one else it really doesnt matter HOW they get them,
    but why would you go out during duck season like everyone else,where everyone else is, and NOT buy a licence and play by the rules???
    75/15/10 black powder matters

waterswatting swans at 70 yards IS NOT getting a feed for the family....50 quid to a knob of goat shit these bungholes had no way of retrieving birds if they had killed them
    rugerman likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Man I’d like to know what decoys you have! 1 bullet proof and 2 sooo life like.

Seriously though did you get a number plate?
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

last one i ran into I offered to take his shotty and ram it right up his arse ,lube or no lube his choice .this was after cocksock loudly proclaimed a 12g wasnt very powerful and him and equally IQ bereft mates admitted shooting parries on water with 00buckshot ,no license permits zilch! a relative contacted me later to say "you put the fear of bloody god up em they thought youre anundercover cop!!!"as if nah just one pissed off shooter. fuck you If its good enough for me to invest time and money to make myself a legal shooter (and conservationist)then so it is for these clowns!!
    Carbine, timattalon and Sika 8 like this.

Fark, you were lucky they didn't open fire with a rifle - that is total bullshit...

Dont worry ive seen damage do ne by dickheads sighting in centrefire rifles in public car parks at lake ellesmere -had anyone been returning from a maimai its would have been highly probable a serious incident or fatality would have resulted . DOC bloke was present -he was pissed off as theyd only replaced the posts recently .I apologised to him on behalf of all responsible shooterswhich he was grateful for,even offered to dig me a large hole should i need it if we caught the ignoramuses in the act .I suggested he report it to the local police instead.Its one of my pet peeves people who wantonly shoot up re serve or road signs cause theyrew too bloody lazy to find a target or simply too juvenile!!
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Man I’d like to know what decoys you have! 1 bullet proof and 2 sooo life like.

Seriously though did you get a number plate?
    No - couldn't get plate number. Funny thing is, one of the swan decoys is the original pontoon goose decoy with the shorter thick neck, and is only there because it is BIG. The other one is the latest version, and looks more lifelike. The two guys stood on the bank in full view for a couple of minutes, and their dog was going nuts in the ute. How they thought a couple of swan would just hang around beats me.
    Micky Duck likes this.