Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree30Likes
  • 1 Post By carlhurley
  • 2 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 2 Post By -BW-
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 3 Post By Finnwolf
  • 1 Post By Snowgrass
  • 5 Post By Husky1600#2
  • 2 Post By Surat
  • 1 Post By Rushy
  • 3 Post By tac a1
  • 7 Post By Rushy
  • 2 Post By Fatberg

Thread: Te Tari Pureke Presentation on the gun register to Antique Arms Auckland

Te Tari Pureke Presentation on the gun register to Antique Arms Auckland

https://youtu.be/OWQ9CLSpyTk
    this is well worth looking at to understand the firearms register or try to understand
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    https://youtu.be/OWQ9CLSpyTk
    this is well worth looking at to understand the firearms register or try to understand

Hear the scowls of disgust among the collectors when told that collectable firearms without existing serial numbers now need to be numbered.
    Its a fiasco already
    timattalon and SeftonB like this.

Just shows how bad the whole thing is when that advice is not 100% correct.
    require firearms licence holders to place identification marking (serial numbers) on any arms items not already marked, and enable Police to make exceptions to marking requirements if this would significantly affect integrity or value – for example, for heirloom or museum pieces
    Ingrid 51 likes this.

Glad i am not a collector that's for sure.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Hmm, I’ll not mention the name but person involved in that does not have my respect - and I’m not talking about a collector.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Just shows how bad the whole thing is when that advice is not 100% correct.
    require firearms licence holders to place identification marking (serial numbers) on any arms items not already marked, and enable Police to make exceptions to marking requirements if this would significantly affect integrity or value – for example, for heirloom or museum pieces
    You’d think, being a completely digital system now, that photos with whatever identifying marks/foreign lettering and numbering would suffice if that photo is always latched to that firearm. For the purposes of identification it should be no different than a S/N. The only issue I guess would be the FSA searching for particular firearms in the data base and not being able to bring anything up if only a photo is provided, unless there was a category for photos vs S/N. Make, model, cal and location should narrow things down reasonably well if said firearm was stolen/recovered etc.
    I also hope there’s an “auto save” function on their site in case of failures while entering details.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Hmm, I’ll not mention the name but person involved in that does not have my respect - and I’m not talking about a collector.
    Nor mine! A short time before the ChCh massacre I went to a meeting in ChCh where he basically told us, the public, that Plod was gonna bring in this new online system. He was left in no doubt that an online system would fail, and he was given valid reasons why. And then look what happened! And still they will not take responsibility for their failure.

Come question time towards the end of the meeting he was asked "What time frame are you anticipating for this "new system"? And his reply was - " I would hope this will be all up and running properly in 2 years. I dont want to be doing this any longer than 2 years. And if it is not up and running properly in 2 years, I will have failed at my job"..........hes failed!
    BSA, 300CALMAN, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.

Given my personal experience where they couldn’t even get one of my P endorsement firearms correctly entered into their system and they had to contact me to sort it out less than a month after registering, I am struggling to believe that this new register will be anything other than a massive balls up as were the previous smaller registers they ran for BCE
    mikee and 300CALMAN like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Very interested to learn that the 0800 number will operate 0830 to 1630 Monday to Friday. Don’t the muppets realise that a great majority of people are at work during those times.
    RV1 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Thats exactly why they do it rushy.

No calls = no problems in their minds!!!

why do you think you cant ring the local Police station anymore??
    Ranger 888, RV1 and 19Badger like this.

I went onto the Te Tari Pureke website this morning to register my firearms, to find that MyFirearms is down between 16 and 24 June, "for an upgrade". Hope you ALL register your firearms on the 24th of June.....

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I have only watched the first fifteen minutes of the presentation so far but have already found reason to question their logic. For example, the joker that does all of the jabbering from the get go says we don’t want paper based information for the register because we don’t want people’s names, addresses and firearms details floating around because they could become compromised (or words to that effect). Well I must be a smart fuck because I have worked out that if I wrote down all of the details of all of my firearms on a piece of paper and then only used my FAL number as an identifier then any copper on a computer could easily match that to a name and address that would be mine. Fuck me dead, I failed School Certificate twice (the second time with distinction) and I am still more clever than all of them, I reckon the real reason they don’t want the detail on paper is they don’t want to do the work inputting, they don’t want to make the mistakes and very likely because they are just to bloody lazy to deal with it.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

What's a balls up, you won't even be able to see the firearms you registered after you register them!? At least not until they do some more "iterative delivery" and build that functionality.

I've only suffered through the first 15 mins of this clown show but it's very clear this system is half baked at best - rushed through in time for the legal due date and missing core features.

Let the fun begin.
    BSA and 19Badger like this.