Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Terrible news out of Aussie today!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    In the fullness of time the profiles of the offenders will be fully recorded. The interview with their father was revealing. It’s already pretty clear how terribly far down the rabbit hole these three had ventured.

There was an hour-long documentary looking into this phenomenon in NZ quite recently. The security services have really got their hands full trying to ID the 0.1% of the regular conspiracy posters that actually do pose a serious threat. If you read the conspiracy forum posts by the one brother, it’s all very familiar. There was a fair few guys on here that were posting similar stuff until quite recently. Most of them have been biffed thanks to our two mods. It’s very damaging having that stuff proliferating in our community. It was quite a battle to get rid of it from this forum and now it’s been largely achieved we all need to play a part in keeping it that way. If you see it, report it. The mods don’t want it here - they’ve been very clear about that. So help them out. The effort they go to to keep this place in good order is huge and we should respect that and do our bit.

Having watched someone me and the wife know quite well disappear into the CT chasm (also ex-teacher) - which accelerated dramatically during the lockdowns - you end up asking questions about what pushed them over the edge. After talking to her relatives, a lengthy history of party pills, dope and booze, a failed marriage, an estranged teenage kid and a mountain of debt has all combined to overwhelm her and her mental health is shot to bits. She’s run away from reality and immersed herself in an online world where all her bad choices & mistakes can be pinned on sinister dark forces. There’s a cabal of nasty, anonymous people out there pulling her strings, pulling her down. So sad.

If this sounds like someone you know then go have a chat. Be there for them whether they want to engage or not. Turning our backs on people we know because of this shit compounds the problem. Estrangement just deepens the rabbit hole. This is a lesson I’ve learned the hard way and it’s tough to admit maybe things should have been done differently early on. We got it wrong initially. Arguing the right / wrong doesn’t work! Look out for them, they need help and eventually - hopefully - it will work out.
    Vaccine conspiracy theorists are the only paranoiacs I know of that skew female, most paranoids are male

I hope that the offenders in this case bled out slowly and painfully - it is an offense that these nutbars thought that their mental bullshit gave them any kind of right to assassinate serving police officers and an innocent neighbour

Pieces of shit - if there is any level of hell may they rot in their own stale vomit
    Trout, Fawls, Cordite and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I think that what we deny or prefer to deflect from is that the disturbed, mentally ill, normal but different, are at their greatest threat to society when they become armed. Guns. Not the cause, but part of the effect. We can certainly argue that us legitimate gun owners should feel no shame. And that we are unwitting victims of legislation that disadvantages us and protect few. But I don't blame the media for labelling this as a gun crime and blaming guns. Not a beat up. Its the truth. I haven't a clue what can be done about it. We might bleat as if we are the victims but in fact we are alive and well enjoying our chosen recreation, and the victims of this are not.
    There's one thing that could have been done about it

When the woman interviewed on the radio who said that she once saw one of the guys dragging his wife up the steps by her hair also said that she didn't want to get involved, at that point and other points that other locals in the community would have seen, someone should have told police that the brothers were not fit and proper to own firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    the free speech thing......goes hand in hand with hate speech thing....... and outright telling of lies thing..... and mind bending thing.....
    fine line to be trodden but if someone is spouting radical ideas that are on course to cause harm...yeah best they be stopped and helped.
    meth heads maybe...agree only logical reason for such a OTT reaction.... and its still illogical. they could never have got away with it in 2022...maybe in 1822 but not since then....
    prejudiced is interesting choice of word...and a gun battle that apparently took 4 hours to conclude hardly seems like a "quick slaughtering" rolling in with 3 armoured vechilles and blitzing an area with 50 BMJ I would consider a quick resolution.... but not a 4 hour long firefight.
    MD, yep, 4 hour long firefight. But can we not also see that as a 4-hour siege? Once the place was surrounded and neighbours evacuated the only thing to do was to continue to contain, and wait, get on the phone to them, not keep exchanging pop shots. It will be a while before we hear what actually went down in detail but I'm sure the AOS went prepared to bag three cop killers given a chance.

As for the three, regardless of predictable feelings on part of the cops, they 100% committed suicide-by-cop. Four hours was still enough time to think it over.
    Micky Duck and Finnwolf like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

I think that what we deny or prefer to deflect from is that the disturbed, mentally ill, normal but different, are at their greatest threat to society when they become armed. Guns. Not the cause, but part of the effect. We can certainly argue that us legitimate gun owners should feel no shame. And that we are unwitting victims of legislation that disadvantages us and protect few. But I don't blame the media for labelling this as a gun crime and blaming guns. Not a beat up. Its the truth. I haven't a clue what can be done about it. We might bleat as if we are the victims but in fact we are alive and well enjoying our chosen recreation, and the victims of this are not.
    Yes, even if it turns out after a long delay, that the criminals were unlicensed firearms owners.
    Tahr, Trout, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Yes, even if it turns out after a long delay, that the criminals were unlicensed firearms owners.
    On the ‘news’ it was mentioned that no firearms were registered to the shooters address.

VIva la registration
    Last edited by Finnwolf; 16-12-2022 at 09:19 PM.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    On the ‘news’ it was mentioned that no firearms were registered to the shooters address.

VIva la registration
    Interesting
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

As a retired psychiatric nurse ,id venture this incident is in fact a good example of how fragile a lot of humanities grip on sanity is!Covid was the proverbial acid which dissolved the veneer of civility our so called society had ,seeing a lot revert to fearful gullible ,self entitled personas. Some of course saw opportunity and now are in the elite feeding such mind states. A repeat of the paediatric heart case is headlines this morning .where will it end -your guess is as good as mine ,but for certain it aint gonna be soon.
    308, erniec, Micky Duck and 2 others like this.

I haven't a clue what can be done about it.
    It's pretty simple, choose representatives that believe in personal responsibility not mass regulation. Convince others to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by OGM View Post
    Plenty of threads on this forum stand testament there are widely embraced... um... "conspiracy theories" within the firearms community. So its time to take a step back and look for more sensible explanations. Just like you want others to do.
    Just ask the Illuminati for 'sensible explanations'(they live in their lizard lairs underneath Denver International Airport). And when you are talking to them ask why the COVID-19 vaccine has a 5G chip inside of it?
    300CALMAN and Cordite like this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Plenty of threads on this forum stand testament there are widely embraced... um... "conspiracy theories" within the firearms community. So its time to take a step back and look for more sensible explanations. Just like you want others to do.
    Unfortunately it's quite widely spread. The biggest problem I see is the MSM and politicians don't have any credibility. Without quoting particular events or their handling I can say you must be blind not to see biases and manipulations. This now taints everything, even un-connected events. A perfect ecosystem has been created to grow conspiracy theorists.
    Cordite and Finnwolf like this.

As an initiate of Freemasonry I can't possibly comment.

But from a technical point of view the photos alleging a microchip in the C19 vax - whatever it is, its not a microchip.
    Yeah, that was just my sense of humour.

I'd like to think in a perfect world that those who harbor such extreme beliefs ie in Illuminati lizards, 5G chip vaccines & other conspiracy theories would not hold firearms licenses....but as Oz showed, they can.
    Tahr and Finnwolf like this.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

The CT's major oversight was failing to present it as a religion.

All praise be to our Lizard Over Lords.
    Lol!🤪
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

widely embraced is stretching it a bit.....

many folks including myself have gladly stepped back from most discussions of that nature, preferring to get on with life rather than feed the indulgence.
    Steve123 and Finnwolf like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Lots of 'rabbit holes' for us to disappear down these days - and what is a 'conspiracy theorist', just someone who disagrees with authority/majority dogma - sort of like those who disagreed with Hitler.
    And what exactly is 'mis-information/dis- information' .......... same really. Pretty hard to discern just who's telling you the truth - Putin, Biden, Argern, Trump ........... these people are paid by the word, and those words are designed to keep them in power.
    Hate speech, free speach, anti-vaxxers - lots of wagons to hang your hat on.

Gutless to go whacking innocents though - that never changes.

I am hearing today,apparently the brothers, posted video bragging about killing the 2 LEOs .....as much as I hope that isnt true...if it indeed turns out to be so... it makes things a little more cut n dried.
    75/15/10 black powder matters