Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Trampers 'frightened' by unspecified proximity of hunters.

So when is the first annual forum Wallaby shoot at Mt Nimrod...
    veitnamcam, mikee, steven and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbishi View Post
    So when is the first annual forum Wallaby shoot at Mt Nimrod...
    With high cap AR15's!
    steven likes this.

I have just read your posts tussock, mulled and chewed it over. And have come to the conclusion that you are unequivocally correct. There have been times in the fair long past where I have suffered anxiety and mild depression. It took the death of a close mate for me to realise that I could not continue along the path I was on.
    With a bit of courage I then pushed myself to gain my firearms licence as it is a qualification of character, and to get my arse out into the wilds and get over myself. I then started to realise about the way people live in fear and decided not to be like that anymore. I now live for the tussock hills. I now understand better about self reliance, without fear and judgement from others that have no bearing on my life. Nzers are slowly losing their identity as can do people. I'm not. I feel a lot stronger for being out there in the weather and dirt , bluffs, solitude and learningto like who i am becoming. It isn't an overnight thing, for me its a life lesson on being and liking myself. I wouldn't live in a city for quids now.
    I think the points you make are very valid and important.
    Grim, Wirehunt, veitnamcam and 6 others like this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

sneakywaza I got
    Who knew that a Tussock could be so deep!. Write a book, I'm in for one!

Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Who knew that a Tussock could be so deep!. Write a book, I'm in for one!
    I've noticed that a few times over the last few years. I've even had a good reasoned argument or two with him. Seems to take a bit of an issue to get him to stick his nose out and post up some of these pearler's but they are well worth hanging around for. Well done @Tussock.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Did you think I had been idle these last few years? Did you think I had forgotten you all?

I'm just getting warmed up
    Tussock you are definitely our Forum philosopher/poet (Compliment BTW).

These fools are going to get us all killed

Unfortunately I have a worse prediction "We will be made to conform and eventual adsorbed in to the great swelling mass of humanity who are those fools"

It makes perfect sense that that is the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I'm just getting warmed up

I don't always agree with you but can't argue with much this time! Good reminder to get off my ass and start climbing mountains again.

with 40+yrs lurking about the field of mental health all iI can say is Tussock ,you smacked this fucker right out of the ballpark.the nursing profession is so gunshy re adverse comments from consumers or the pricks at health &disability commision let alone our own professional bodies ,we are even censored on what words we may write for fear they will offend
    i have in my library an academic study which shows clients are vastly shortchanged cause of this , but will any fucker listen- nup all too busy covering their arses.I call a spade a spade and thats it. my clients know I'LL go into bat for em without blinking an eye ,but also if they make a dick of me or themselves well a wee conversation will take place!
    many of those have ended with "yep youre right" 'sometimes from me!
    commonsense ,a most beloved trait ,seems now to be rarer than rockinghorse shit,altho if youc mined it on here youd be richer than Sir Bob Jones by the end of the week!

WELL DONE TUSSOCK
    Savage1 likes this.

The biggest problem is that your 100% correct
    Kids dont loose anymore and when they get older and loose there whole world collapses
    Bullys get away scott free and so do most criminals
    So many people just blame someone else, never own up and are never wong
    There are no good events in the media anymore only negative and "scary" things
    Most people just look at places on google and make no attempt to see or do anything for them selves anymore.
    Its like we currently have 5% unemployment rate but how many people are employed but through work effect are dragging the company backwards? How many are truly unemployable.
    Then there is all the people who enjoy there life on wellfare and thats a failure in its self.

But of a ramble but goes in the contex

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Can we just ignore these people though? In a minority do we have that luxury? Emotion might gain headlines, but it doesn't sustain change in the absence of rational thought. (Usually)

Shouldn't we be providing rational response to these sort of attitudes?
    Yes, we should. But contrary to Tussock's view, I'm not sure that the rational response will well up from a hunting forum. While it is quite easy to agree with Tussocks emotional thinking, it doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Nor will it result in any sort of change. A rant is a rant.
    The guy who dislikes hunters, doesn't know how to light a fire and always uses the bridge might just turn out to be the one who saves one of our lives through heart surgery. At that point his lack of empathy for what I love won't matter to me too much, but his love for what he's good at and his different skills to mine certainly will.
    outdoorlad and ebf like this.

"the city dwelling, latte lickin" yep that's me, thanks for that.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

I dont think we can win with such whinners, which is a worry ie ppl these days dont seem to wish to allow others to pursue their pastimes if it effects theirs even if its only in their heads.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

wel tahr old chap where in gods name will rational well thought out response come from.????????some young top gun with PhD in oriental anal flora
    it sure as christ made little apples wont be MSM they"re too focussed on reporting about some jaffaland 5min wonder b grade celeb flashing her tits or twat and milking that for all its worth .
    FCS-the bloody universal media lazyarsed sensationalist ratings driven pricks they are couldnt even get their facts right ,but hey they brought out the primevil urges in the social activists so thats alright OK.
    this bloody forum is the only outfit where im seeing a divergencve of opinion coupled with tolerance and respect.
    Emotional my arse .thats just another genteel social putdown usually because the responder is made to feel slightly uncomfortable by the style of the opinionated or cant see their own way clear to offer an honest unadorned rebuff -Tussock hit the bastard right on the head the bloody truth of the matter is if you asked half a dozen of these animal acrticist pricks to front up and debate the hunting issue on stage ,they'd all be running to the friggin give a little page to get some mug to fund surgery to give them something resembling a bloody spine go check out the trade me message boards to see the number of those so called experts . Faeces book is 10x worse with all those little self opinionated spotty herberts offering their precious 5bobs worth.
    Fuck me rigid -social media manipulation is so rife Ive resorted to asking me old lab x fore his opinion cause at least i know the old bloke is honest!
    And before you all get up in arms I have a younger sister &brother who are very high up in NZ TV and the amount of shit &conspiracy theories regarding them and their so called activities I see printed by msm media especially one John Drinnan of granny herald ,Im tempted to walk to auckland and shove enough canada geese down his throat that he'll be shittin feathers and honkin instead of farting until the f cows come home or Labour gives us a decent politician ,but i aint holdin my breath on either
    THIS IS A RANT AND I MAKE NO APOLOGY
    Last edited by kotuku; 07-08-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    gadgetman and 257weatherby like this.

Holy shit kotuku, tell us how you really feel

You've piqued my interest a little mate. I spent two years working at the pointy end of the local gold mine here in Alex up until Xmas just been. I didn't know much about geology and such but I did enjoy the work of recovering the gold. Smallish company, big gear and some great guys.the gold was known as 'yellow shit' to us on the ground. On a good average day we would pull about 30 ounces out of the hole.did a lot of maintenance ourselves from snapped belts, pullin down sand pumps to blown hydraulics on the hundy ton cat digger etc. Happy days.
    Ya can't park there mate.