Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree747Likes

Thread: Useing the firearms register

Ronz - suggest you familiarise yourself with moderators instructions re political content on this forum.
    stug, 308, Micky Duck and 1 others like this.

fair enough, thanks reminding me

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    Ronz - suggest you familiarise yourself with moderators instructions re political content on this forum.
    To be fair, this whole registry bollux, is political.

As an aside, did anyone hear Coster, speaking about the shooting, suggesting, in regard to how that fella got his gun, putting a licensed firearms owner selling to someone without a license, as first on the list? Trying to legitimize this, methinks. Yeah, I know this comment may be construed as a little political, but, let's face it, this whole thing is political.

Just rego my 2 toys,help centre very good and patient with my phone key board tapping.Didnt take long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Growlybear View Post
    As an aside, did anyone hear Coster, speaking about the shooting, suggesting, in regard to how that fella got his gun, putting a licensed firearms owner selling to someone without a license, as first on the list? Trying to legitimize this, methinks. Yeah, I know this comment may be construed as a little political, but, let's face it, this whole thing is political.
    Did he say that? Was that during his press conference?

I was informed by someone who is on the Firearms Advisory Council that the wording of the act means that the registration of firearms will be reviewed after 5 years and if it's not working out then they can dump the register. However until that trial period is up it's pretty locked in. A change of government wouldn't be able to abolish it in their first term. If that's the case it's no use trying to wait out the election to delay registering. Personally I'd wait to have kinks ironed out, not due to trying to avoid it altogether.
    shift14, 10-Ring and Finnwolf like this.

Has anyone asked or received advice on how they wish you to enter a bolt action rifle a where you have both box mag and detachable mag you swap around, eg howa's
    Fatberg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Has anyone asked or received advice on how they wish you to enter a bolt action rifle a where you have both box mag and detachable mag you swap around, eg howa's
    Just my guess but I would tend to register with the largest capacity option

I assumed so too but will get an answer in writing as I'm not willing to take any chances. I'm trying my luck with their email address first for a request to add a missing calibre. Cheers!
    Maca49 likes this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcB View Post
    I was informed by someone who is on the Firearms Advisory Council that the wording of the act means that the registration of firearms will be reviewed after 5 years and if it's not working out then they can dump the register. However until that trial period is up it's pretty locked in. A change of government wouldn't be able to abolish it in their first term. If that's the case it's no use trying to wait out the election to delay registering. Personally I'd wait to have kinks ironed out, not due to trying to avoid it altogether.
    Unfortunately, that looks like the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    I assumed so too but will get an answer in writing as I'm not willing to take any chances. I'm trying my luck with their email address first for a request to add a missing calibre. Cheers!
    If the email doesn't work the guys on the phone are bloody helpful. I have had a couple of interactions with them, its been positive both times with solutions reached

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    stingray and Fssprecision like this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by BMcB View Post
    I believe Acts policy is to replace the Arms act in total with a more fit for purpose act so regardless of what the current Arms act says if it is replaced then the one becomes law as is the same with any law.

Even if it isn't completely changed then any law can be modified or replaced through the parliamentary process.

The same way the current legislation came into law it can be changed or repealed
    matagouri, outlander and Fatberg like this.

Banned
    There was three minions from the Licencing organisation at the Ruahine Gun Show yesterday and none of them appeared to be even slightly busy registering firearms - or talking to the general public . I wasnt there for the whole day but ...

On the other hand , Nichole McKee was there and was busy in discussion with many many folk all the time .....
    Last edited by winchesterM69A; 23-07-2023 at 10:47 AM.

We've got 5 years to update our firearms right? I'll see you guys in 59 months.
    tetawa, Maca49, Grey Kiwi and 8 others like this.