Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Varmint annoyance

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Quiet ? The F€«£*¿G things have a crack that would wake the dead. No 12 shot only good for 20 or so feet. I use a lot in the covered yard for starlings with pluga and ear muffs.
    i shot a few thru my 10/22 (manual loading) they werent that loud

Probably the roof and walls had a bit to do with it now that I think about it.

if anyone around christchurch/lincoln wants some of the 22lr shotshells pm me. i got them given and will never use them. any reasonable offer accepted

Banned
    Just tell the neighbors you are going to be shooting possums with a .22 and they may hear it, they may not.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    if anyone around christchurch/lincoln wants some of the 22lr shotshells pm me. i got them given and will never use them. any reasonable offer accepted
    Hey, if your ever heading out I’m just around the corner, will basically take any opertubity to shoot. Pm me if yah want.

Before .22LR there was .22 Short.

.22 short non-suppressed out of a rifle barrel is no louder than most airguns, it packs about 2.5x the punch of a powerful springer 5.5mm air rifle, and is born subsonic.

May have probs feeding out of some .22LR mags, or cycle semi-autos, so it's bolt action hand-fed single-shot.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

MB
    The first time I fired CCI Subsonic in my suppressed CZ452, I declared to my mate that I'd had a misfire. They are that quiet, and definitely quieter than a springer air rifle. The noise of the bullet hitting it's target is inevitable, but I don't think it's that loud or immediately identifiable as a gun shot.

If your neighbours get annoyed with you shooting they should live in town. Try a cage trap on the possums aswell
    40mm likes this.

GWH
    I bet my neighbors are much closer than yours, and they don't hear my suppressed 22 with CCI 40gr HP subs.

Very quiet killers, as already mentioned the "plop" of a decent hit will be the loudest noise.
    dannyb likes this.

There used to be Winchester 22 pistol shorts shooting a 29 gr bullet at 800 fps, they are quite also, my Crossman air rifle has more noise. These work well in my Krico bolt action and will feed from the mag as well.

If they can hear 22 subs through your silencer 100m away inside-that silencer is junk.
    Bullet hitting the jacko should be loudest noise of all.
    dannyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    Suppressed .22 is in my humble opinion quieter than some air rifles I’ve heard

Yes tell your neighbours but hardly likely to wake the kid unless they awake already and see your light

Naturally you’ll be 100% certain of your firing zone. In daylight prior, check out all the shooting zones you’ll use and look at where the bullet will go when you miss.....
    dont forget ricochets either!
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    If they can hear 22 subs through your silencer 100m away inside-that silencer is junk.
    Bullet hitting the jacko should be loudest noise of all.
    wrong smiffy its the "THUMP" of the jacko hittin the deck with that oh fuckwhat aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.......shit oh dear
    look on the mug and lead on the brain.a blowjob no man wants
    BTW-jackos are a bloody aussie mongrel -protected there ,imported into NZ for fur and?meat.those criminal convicts over the ditch deprt wayward kiwis -we save money on erring aussies-we shoot the bastards!
    Micky Duck, WallyR and csmiffy like this.