Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Stager BLK


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bent Barrel
  • 2 Post By Bent Barrel

Thread: 12g roundball loads

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    huntly
    Posts
    195

    12g roundball loads

    Has anyone ever tried loading 12g shells with cast round balls say around .690"? If so what wads do you use and how did you crimp?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    166
    iv8888 has a good video, no longer on youtube though so just search on google and bringit up on another video site

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    62
    We had an abundance of possums on the farm years ago, Dad made it clear the possums had to go…enter the shotgun loads variations, 1oz
    Round fishing sinker mold, accuracy not flash beyond 30 paces, inside 30 paces possums were launched from willow trees
    Micky Duck likes this.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    huntly
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Barrel View Post
    We had an abundance of possums on the farm years ago, Dad made it clear the possums had to go…enter the shotgun loads variations, 1oz
    Round fishing sinker mold, accuracy not flash beyond 30 paces, inside 30 paces possums were launched from willow trees
    @Bent Barrel. Fishing sinkers is exactly what I'm loading. What was you formula for the loads? I'm using AP70N with winchester wads, don't know the model numbers but I have both the white/clear and blue wads.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North Canterbury
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Three O'Three View Post
    @Bent Barrel. Fishing sinkers is exactly what I'm loading. What was you formula for the loads? I'm using AP70N with winchester wads, don't know the model numbers but I have both the white/clear and blue wads.
    Using Winchester wads, probably 11/4oz, really can’t remember the powder.
    We had the Lee Load all press. Seem to remember the hot loads we came up with…dangerous mix of dumb youth, a little knowledge & the fun launching said possums. Dad had a double barrel Steven’s 311A I swear that thing was forged from railway iron, it was heavy

    Edit: the crimp was forced down onto the slug to hold in place, had few laughs when the slug rolled out the end of the barrel
    Last edited by Bent Barrel; 25-11-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    rugerman and Micky Duck like this.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Howa1500 View Post
    iv8888 has a good video, no longer on youtube though so just search on google and bringit up on another video site
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crOg6YvBeXk

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 375 H&H loads?
    By mawzer308 in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15-03-2021, 05:40 PM
  2. More 270 Win Loads
    By Mooseman in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 28-08-2020, 09:31 PM
  3. WTB: 9mm, 10mm,.575 roundball moulds and Lovell’s pat hammer
    By Tertle in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2020, 06:42 PM
  4. 308 Max loads
    By Boaraxa in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 09:01 PM
  5. 6XC Loads?
    By Nickoli in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-10-2017, 08:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!