Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: anyone shooting nationals and world's this week?

That sun is getting to you Ken, but I do agree, some of them do themselves no favours.
    Standing under tree's eating banana's listening to motivation tapes REALLY!!!!
    That article from the NZ DTL Nats is: Natalie Rooney battling wind to find form | Stuff.co.nz
    Yes King of the Castle were some of the good old days and huge fun, but you could (compulsory on 1 stand) drink while going around the shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Na not even close to what I am thinking.
    A 2 day event but not mixing the disciplines up on the same day.
    Shotgun one day. Rifle the next.
    Thinking 50 DTL 50 Skeet 50 sporting.
    Rifle will be a 3 match event as well.
    No gun alterations allowed. Even chokes on the shottys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Would have to be 50 points score as any muppet can hit 50 straight

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Would have to be 50 points score as any muppet can hit 50 straight
    I know what you mean but it will all even out in the end. Same gun for all 3 disciplines and finish with the same chokes you start with.
    I would love to include pistol as well but it would not be practical and could create a logistical nightmare for some.
    A rimfire shoot/jungle lane is another idea. I reckon Archery would also fit in alright.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Name a time dave and I will be there. Sounds like fun.

R93

anyone shooting nationals and world's this week?

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Name a time dave and I will be there. Sounds like fun.
    It's a pipe dream at the moment and will take a lot of planning. It will need guys like you and madds to help out.
    I would like to give it a go at least once for sure.
    Could run it here on the coast including the rifle format.
    But may get more involvement in chch area.

Could rent Waihora club grounds for clays.
    And possibly shoot rifle program at Tai Tap.
    Would like to include bow stuff but maybe not have it influence the outcome depending on experience of the majority.

We shot a match called the 'Auto Sporto' near Clyde a few years ago. It was absolutely brilliant. I think Mal Rabbit (R.I.P. -one of the good bastards) and Scott Kunac were involved in organising it.
    Shot say 3 rabbits, hit with the first shot miss with the second hit ... and so on. 3/4 incomers in the air at once. 4 crossers great ammo burner, but fun!!!!
    They also included a range distance guess and a stand with 2 Ruger .22's that you had to shoot 3 targets (rabbits) rolling down a hill, you had 2 full mags to do it.
    Finally 200 (from memory) yard balloons with an open sighted 303.
    To top that off a compulsory dinner at Ollivers, when Fleur had it, that night was the best prize giving I have ever been to anywhere!
    I've got a plan for one done, but just need the time and location.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by madds View Post
    We shot a match called the 'Auto Sporto' near Clyde a few years ago. It was absolutely brilliant. I think Mal Rabbit (R.I.P. -one of the good bastards) and Scott Kunac were involved in organising it.
    Shot say 3 rabbits, hit with the first shot miss with the second hit ... and so on. 3/4 incomers in the air at once. 4 crossers great ammo burner, but fun!!!!
    They also included a range distance guess and a stand with 2 Ruger .22's that you had to shoot 3 targets (rabbits) rolling down a hill, you had 2 full mags to do it.
    Finally 200 (from memory) yard balloons with an open sighted 303.
    To top that off a compulsory dinner at Ollivers, when Fleur had it, that night was the best prize giving I have ever been to anywhere!
    I've got a plan for one done, but just need the time and location.

Sounds shit hot Mr Madds. Your clubs traps can travel eh? I have the grounds we can do that. May need to spice the rifle side of things up a bit but sounds good.

After the roar I will be resigning with your club and the NZCTA. Got plenty of time off in my new role and will need stuff to do outside the hunting seasons.

Good to hear!! Ground Control hasn't 'offered' his $20 fee yet!!!
    Are you talking on the Coast somewhere?
    Yes the 2 trailers are now full, 32 Promatic traps of various types, all commercial, so we've worked bloody hard to achieve it.
    Huge thanks to Graeme Brown from Target Products who still has 19 traps that we are able to buy off him down the track, so a very positive future, despite some bug doubters in the shooting circle!!

R93
    Good to hear!! Ground Control hasn't 'offered' his $20 fee yet!!!
    Are you talking on the Coast somewhere?
    Yes the 2 trailers are now full, 32 Promatic traps of various types, all commercial, so we've worked bloody hard to achieve it.
    Huge thanks to Graeme Brown from Target Products who still has 19 traps that we are able to buy off him down the track, so a very positive future, despite some bug doubters in the shooting circle!!
    Naysayers eh? Browny is a good bugger alright.
    Can you email me the guff I need to do to become a member of sporting club and NZCTA please mate. Am I allowed to be a member of my local club ie Kokatahi as well or just a financial member? Have not been financial with NZCTA for 3 years so do I shoot my last grading's or can I be like you and rob some for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Naysayers eh? Browny is a good bugger alright.
    Can you email me the guff I need to do to become a member of sporting club and NZCTA please mate. Am I allowed to be a member of my local club ie Kokatahi as well or just a financial member? Have not been financial with NZCTA for 3 years so do I shoot my last grading's or can I be like you and rob some for a while?
    I'll be interested in the reply you get .
    $10 says Ron doesn't want any competition in C class so he'll probably put you in AAA

Ken
    R93 likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

R93
    Where do I send the $10
    Pretty sure Madds has been in B grade since I have known him and that is a long time. He went to A once and started shooting droppers at 80m to slip back to B
    He is very slippery.

$20!! What you boys say in jest deeply hurts me!!!!
    Don't panic I'll sort you out when you appear, we are not a club bound by too much officialdom. Are you both on the mailing list, if not send me your email address's.
    You know the story Ken, no card, shoot the top grade of the day, so yes probably have a AA+ just for that day.

R93
    $20!! What you boys say in jest deeply hurts me!!!!
    Don't panic I'll sort you out when you appear, we are not a club bound by too much officialdom. Are you both on the mailing list, if not send me your email address's.
    You know the story Ken, no card, shoot the top grade of the day, so yes probably have a AA+ just for that day.
    Must be on the list because I get plenty of impersonal emails from South Island sporting shooters fella known as madds

AND MORE COMING!!!!!

Dunno if it was the same event? But our local boys did well.

The junior (under 21's) Clay target 3 men's team for New Zealand came 3rd place (bronze metal) in the ICTSF 11th Worlds held in Hamilton last week. 1st England & 2nd Australia. Congrats to Mitchell Dean who was in this team. Mark Johnson also shoot in a New Zealand team, not bad for little old Dannevirke to have 2 young men wearing the silver fern for our country.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive