Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beretta Optima HP extended chokes

Beretta Optima HP extended chokes

Hi guys,

Has anyone got a recommendation on where to source a few of these chokes from?

Cheers

Try brian Thompson he is the briely rep and good bloke to deal with. For hunting I have used a one choke from the gunsmith in invercagill this year and it does what it should

Thanks yeah gave him a try but no word back yet...my preference was for Beretta chokes but it seems hard to find anyone that will ship to NZ.

I got a Beretta one through Christchurch Hunting and Fishing, -$120 ish. It was for a Beretta 692 which i think has the extended HP chokes.

Teague used to export chokes to nz. I got my ones for my 20ga directly from them.
    Brian Thompson supplied my extended chokes for my Browning 725. He was also excellent to deal with.
    skirk likes this.

I’ve got a extended black light modified Teague if anyone’s interested.

Light mod.. That's a good choke

Beretta NZ has full stock of standard extended, black extended and ported

Good to know they have stock but how do you get a price or place an order without making a visit to H&F??? I tried the Beretta website last week and still no reply back

Quote Originally Posted by skirk View Post
    Good to know they have stock but how do you get a price or place an order without making a visit to H&F??? I tried the Beretta website last week and still no reply back
    Not sure its possible, they seem to be joined at the hip which is a pity.
    skirk likes this.

You can order through any firearms store with an account, not just HF

In Auckland that could be any of the below:

Reloaders, Serious Shooters, Gun City Penrose, Gun City North Shore, SIA or Gun Supples.

Thanks for the comments...But my observations are that the Beretta NZ system is shithouse compared to Europe or the States...Overseas the prices are clear to everyone and ordering is easy to your door. They are also not having to pay a markup to a clueless twit at H&F on every purchase

Agreed, but that could be said for any manufacturer with an outlet in NZ. We are working on the new web site and have a man working full time redeveloping the entire system to include RRPs and full product range. However, things like chokes are something that we have had push back from the ENTIRE trade around RRP. They simply dont want it published. Just like ammo, some charge one thing, others charge another.
    In regards to the European market, they do a lot of online stuff as they dont have the network of stores like we or Australia have. We could do e-commerce, but would kill a lot of family run gun shops that have supported hunting and shooting for years. And believe me, the mark up is still the same over there, just no store gets a share.

Just buy a Brieley choke or similar. They are not that pricy compared to the original gun purchase.