Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: BUGGER…… very lucky!!!

Gun replaceable. .hearing loss or injury not replaceable.old story could happen to anyone. And if a unlicensed shooter as per Arms act the shooter must be directly supervised and 1 gun between them not each shootingna separate gun .lucky young fellas will be lesson for life and a good one for them.

jesus mate thats a undie filler alright glad everybodys ok

Bus driver
    Hey boys…. Appreciate all of the comments… for someone who has been around guns for longtime,it seems there is nothing that surprises or teaches me,in saying that… Guns are safe,PERIOD!!!. It’s a USER that’s not… my boy and I haves talked this over a length… how,why,what ,should have occurred,been done,etc etc…. I ,and he ,make no excuses… we learn ..and we learn… I’m so fucking thankful the end result was positive…..not sure what else to say???!!!
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    All is not lost. Any good gunsmith could trim and thread the barrel for an external choke tube. It is a very common occurrence, especially with inexperienced shooters and, luckily, injuries from such events are rare. Injuries are more frequent (and serious) when badly blocked barrels burst closer to the breech, usually damaging the forward hand.
    Gun DOC a query- would not the rest of the barrel steel have received such a traumatic shock to render that unsafe - or maybe not ?? - your experienced knowledge rest of barrell okay ??

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Hey boys…. Appreciate all of the comments… for someone who has been around guns for longtime,it seems there is nothing that surprises or teaches me,in saying that… Guns are safe,PERIOD!!!. It’s a USER that’s not… my boy and I haves talked this over a length… how,why,what ,should have occurred,been done,etc etc…. I ,and he ,make no excuses… we learn ..and we learn… I’m so fucking thankful the end result was positive…..not sure what else to say???!!!
    well one thing thats never short round here is support. Obviously its upsetting for you and the boys ,something i can empathise with ,but a valuable lesson learnt and im betting gun inspection will now be ingrained in their shooting routines especially around areas where duckshooting goes as mud is a constant bastard.lake ellesmere has endless supplies of the bloody crap all of it reeking++++. BTWsquire your pick for our girls vs wales tomorrow???

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    BTWsquire your pick for our girls vs wales tomorrow???
    Lithuania by seven points.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Bus driver
    @kotuku…. Yeah mate… game against Oz was massive….. BLACK FERNS all the way cuzzy!!!!
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Lithuania by seven points.
    Whaaaaat ..earlier youd backed the ref to win by 7 points!

Sorry to this happened. Only because mud clogged the tip of it, then exploded? Just want to learn and try to avoid, if only little bit of mud or similar substance covered muzzle, does same thing will happen?
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rabbit View Post
    Sorry to this happened. Only because mud clogged the tip of it, then exploded? Just want to learn and try to avoid, if only little bit of mud or similar substance covered muzzle, does same thing will happen?
    Well if both ends of the barrel are closed off with live cartridge and mud plug(a literal pipe bomb) the gases generated on ignition and associated forces will seek out the weakest point -barrel walls! Ive seen a couple of ruptures especially using modern smokeless cartridges in old damascus forged shotgun barrels(NO NO NO NO),and a vivid report on a custom rifle IIRC/243/308 where some custom ammo was being trialled.
    .Unbeknowns to the owner/ user the very round loaded apparently had an oversized powder load in the case .Yup flash breech rent asunder like the titanic, rifle bolt ejected l;ike a whale harpoon ,beautiful walnut stock shredded like toothpicks and a user hospitalised by DIY facelift.
    Moral of the story -check check and recheck your weapon and any ammo youre given or such like.
    if you fell over in any sort of mud dirt etc ,before you load a round into the breech look through the barrel If theres anything in it get it out and preferably pull the barrel through to remove all
    debris! dr op a rifle shotty in water(yes ive done rthat several times) on return home complete dissassembley everything cleans through clean .mud etc does not make delicate mechaisms function better. t is not a cheapskates lubrication ether.
    Falls ,knocks etc also have a shagnasty habit of knocking scopes out of true -right bugger when you miss the 12pointer at 25m with your mates gazing in awe!scope check reveals its zero is akin to hitting the space station!
    sorry about the epistle but hey if it stops you makina mistake we are all happy campers!
    Last edited by kotuku; 20-10-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    Black Rabbit likes this.