Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By Rock river arms hunter

Thread: Mossberg 940 JM Pro

Mossberg 940 JM Pro

Anybody here have one of these? Maybe some of the three gun guys? I'm not a shotgun person at all and have zero experience with them. Looking for a shotgun that will be used mainly with 00 and BB loads and under 26" and these have caught my attention. If Jerry Miculek can put his name on them they've got to be some kind of good right? Old man uses Benelli M2 these days (which could also be an option) but used to run the Mossberg 930's to 10,000 rounds with no failures before trading them on a new one. I like the exaggerated controls on the 940 and the highly visible mag follower for safety reasons. Seem to get good reviews
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Do it Ryan. I don’t have one but the JM Pro was the shotgun I was going to get for three gun the day I purchased my (now bent and buckled at Jacinda’s behest) Typhoon F12. The only reason I didn’t get the JM Pro was that the supplier hadn’t brought it to the gun show and I had money in my pocket and wanted to walk out of there with a new gun (hence the Typhoon purchase). I have shot a JM Pro a couple of times and they handle well. I have a Benelli M3 for three gun now and like the quick semi auto / pump action conversion of that model but that is for reasons that you won’t necessarily encounter.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Do it Ryan. I don’t have one but the JM Pro was the shotgun I was going to get for three gun the day I purchased my (now bent and buckled at Jacinda’s behest) Typhoon F12. The only reason I didn’t get the JM Pro was that the supplier hadn’t brought it to the gun show and I had money in my pocket and wanted to walk out of there with a new gun (hence the Typhoon purchase). I have shot a JM Pro a couple of times and they handle well. I have a Benelli M3 for three gun now and like the quick semi auto / pump action conversion of that model but that is for reasons that you won’t necessarily encounter.
    Thanks Rushy, I havent managed to get my hands on one yet but I see Delta Mike down here have them in stock so might go have a fiddle with one. Ive been handling a few shotguns in stores and a lot of them are far too beefy through the forend for my liking and either geared towards wingshooting or completely the other way with short barrels and pistol grips etc but the 940 seems nice and sleek. Will be used for high volume wallabies over dog in tight gullies and with a bit of luck from helicopter for pigs and wallabies also.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Beretta 1301 Comp might be another to consider, sometimes they come up for sale relatively cheap.

Go for it Ryan there a great gun that will suit those needs very well.

The other one for consideration for a little bit more the Beretta 1301 Comp.

I have the 24inch model and it fucks hard which is another consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post

I have the 24inch model and it fucks hard which is another consideration.
    I'm almost afraid to ask
    XR500 likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask
    It's ultrareliable, very lightweight and has a very quick gas system which makes engaging multiple targets easy.
    dannyb likes this.

1301 comp

I'm also after a short barreled semi auto shotgun with interchokes for use with 00 buckshot for bush hunting. For me it has to have an ambi or left-hand safety.

The choices are either Beretta 1301, or the new Mossberg 940 Pro Turkey with 18" or 24" barrel. Delta Mike said they hope to get the Mossberg sometime this year.

The Beretta seems to get fantastic reviews altho I'm personally not so keen on the European styling. The 940 Pro Turkey is a little lighter than the 940 JM Pro and more set up for hunting.
    Hopefully I get the chance to compare both guns side by side before making a decision.

here's a link to the Mossberg:
    https://www.mossberg.com/m940-pro-tu...full-blgl.html

I've done a lot of reading recently on semi auto shotguns and it seems like the Beretta 1301 is the gun to go for, resounding good reviews.

I'm hoping a 24" barrel one will come up fro sale here or on TM.