Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mossburg Maverick

Bus driver
    Well mate ,I have the pump action and can only agree with 7mm on this one,cheap enough for sure,but why spend the money,when a little more will get you a lot more.For many years Mossbergs,were considered shit investments,introductory guns for the uninitiated,something of a throw away,but they have changed for the better over the years.

The mossberg 500,or the Mossberg Silver reserve (that I just purchased) I believe is a better value for money,if you go down that road.Not expensive,good quality for the bucks,and they both cone with a plethora of chokes,the silver comes with 5.The 28 in barrel here,might be the killer here,as it seems you want a shorter barrel (correct me if I'm mistaken)?Something to think about.

Another fine choice over the mossberg,the Remington 870,mate,these bloody things last forever,with no issues.My boys have them,synthetic stocks,there is not much to say about their durability other than the buggars can take huge amounts of abuse.
    Last edited by A330driver; 03-08-2017 at 05:18 AM.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

as stated a workhorse, dont expect miracles but reliable as hell. same for the winchester defender