Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Probably already said but shoot skeet for a day. Same targets and will teach some discipline. You will sooon get youre lead sorted. Dont f around with gun down until you have hitting target sorted, its all about discipline, remove a variable.

Chances are you are stopping the gun so basically just dont, when you instinct shoot fast you say you hit them as you're gun will still be swinging

i picked up a yank technique off a u tube vid.Iset my feet with weight over front foot but gun with butt at .I pick an imaginary point in front of me where i want clay&shot to collide.
    with a glance at clay trap and eyes back on that point "pull"
    on that my gun is automatically rising to my shoulder as the bird enters the edge of my vision., touch the trigger and bingo its usually curtains.Im left handed ,but it stillseems to work ,and funnily enough ,i sometimes change guns just for a laugh,but it makes no difference.
    As others have said tho ,shooting in front of proficient shooters is really the way to go as youre in a literal field of expertise.

Weekend result 17 out of 25 (similutaneous pairs)
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Ken, no Portugal was not really on my list. BUT I am starting to make tentative plans for the USA in 2015.
    Apparently the Worlds will be at the Caribou Sporting Clay Club in Minnesota. The dates are: The USA FITASC GP is 16/19 July 2015
    The WORLD FITASC is 20/26 July 2015, with a few other events to fill in the days. 11 days of shooting!!! HEAVEN
    Are you keen, we could make a bloody good trip of it, am looking at trying to get NZ Teams some $$$ to get over to compete. Air NZ has flights to Minnesota (code share) 2 small and 1 reasonable flight there, so good for us.

Mikee, just remembered a saying that might help if you use swing thru method, it was penned by George Digweed BUM BELLY BEAK BANG. Great for game but applies equally to targets.
    It is always worth thinking to shoot where the target is going and NOT where its been!