Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Shot gun 3gun

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Darren Keen had lifters a while back, could be worth ringing him
    Thanks for that, didn't think of them for bits

The one they list -
    Remington Versamax 3 Gun Style Carrier | Shotgun Parts | Taieri Arms

Is the one I got (in addition to the standard), and its to short still.....
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Thanks for that, didn't think of them for bits

The one they list -
    Remington Versamax 3 Gun Style Carrier | Shotgun Parts | Taieri Arms

Is the one I got (in addition to the standard), and its to short still.....
    That black coloured one does seem identical to the factory lifter/carrier fitted in the 3 1/2 chambered versamax field models.

Chameleon Load 2 Belt is what you need, 28 rnds on your waist, under 4 seconds to load 10 rounds with a little practise.
    Name:  WP_20150731_19_13_37_Pro.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  156.2 KB
    Had my lifter welded up and tidied it up myself with the dremel, very important not to bend it while working on it, bend mine slightly and took all night to straighten. Modified my bolt to allow ghost loading, slightly pointless in tactical div because I can fit 10 in the tube +1 in chamber and 1 Ghost loaded
    Don't cut your magazine springs down until you've reduced the tension from your spring stop, it provides 99% of the resistance, have scalloped and polished my shell stops and cut larger nicks in the side to reduce the tension.
    Since the photo have cut my load port assymetrically like the TT photo
    Beaker likes this.

Out of interest, what ammo do you use for 3gun comps?
    Slugs?
    cheers Grant

Mostly Rio 2.75" #7.5 28gr, or sometimes Falcon #4 2.5" ipsc short rounds if the course suits, a couple guys in our club cast and load slugs if we need them. I hear the South Island Nationals in 2 weeks gonna be no slugs though
    grunzter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    I know a couple of guys that changed their expensive shotguns into expensive paper weights. Most guys do the work themselves with a dremel and file, there are a few how to videos. I wanted it to look better so I had someone mill it.

Attachment 39142Attachment 39143Attachment 39144Attachment 39145

Obviously the recent Taran Tactical modded shotguns have a much deeper cut than mine. My bolt was lightened;purely to see if it could be done, I'm not good enough with a shotgun to notice the difference in cycling speed. The bolt was also modded to allow out of battery loading. Although he didn't do mine Andy W. is I think doing mods as a business (Ballistix?). You'll also note the load port opening on the latest TT shotgun is asymmetric.
    What do you mean by out of battery loading? The one gripe I have with my M2 is that I can't load the mag without having one in the chamber (or the bolt closed at least). I'd love to be able to have the chamber open and visibly safe, yet the magazine loaded. Is this possible in any way? Even better if I could load the mag with the chamber open the whole time.
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    What do you mean by out of battery loading? The one gripe I have with my M2 is that I can't load the mag without having one in the chamber (or the bolt closed at least). I'd love to be able to have the chamber open and visibly safe, yet the magazine loaded. Is this possible in any way? Even better if I could load the mag with the chamber open the whole time.
    Out of battery loading is where on the odd occasion the BCG didn't seat properly. When this happens the lifter won't rise high enough to enable you to load more rounds unless you have done the mod. Honestly it isn't that useful especially if you have an "e" cat. shotgun with an extended tube. I did it more as an academic exercise to see if it could be done locally. It should be said the same thing can be accomplished by filing down the lip of the lifter an easy an much cheaper part to replace than what I had done of milling the BCG. Again it was an academic exercise an I told the gunsmith who did it I wouldn't hold him accountable if it didn't pan out; he'd never done this sort of job before (though he is skilled and very experienced engineer/gunsmith) and I only gave him the broadest of instructions and a couple of downloaded pictures I thought he did a brilliant job.

I don't think there is a mod that gets around the lifter locking on running dry, many people have taken to using matchsaverz or the like.

Name:  Benelli2.JPG
Views: 1348
Size:  693.0 KB

With practice it is incredibly quick to flick the extra shell in though you also really should have an enlarged bolt release to make it work well.

Yeah that factory bolt release is pretty stiff + tiny

Ejected
    20 rounds shotgun, you can have as big a mag extension as you want. I'll have a SXS.
    Any takers?

Just pure speed?

Ejected
    It would be best to hit what your aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyP View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWu3mfi2p_s

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    I 2nd that, here's my video from this weekends 3 gun practice. I'm on the left, a guy I'm up against is on the right, we both have the load 2 belt and 10rnd magazine tubes, he outshoots me but i outload him, bet him by 4 seconds

https://youtu.be/0DI8tMPgG5g

Indeed. What are suggesting we aim at for the purposes of your challenge? 3 gun shotgun stages are generally largely stationary targets

R93
    20 rounds shotgun, you can have as big a mag extension as you want. I'll have a SXS.
    Any takers?
    ??? Righto 60-70m looper/chandell off a loaded spring. 2 rnds per target.
    I would bet I probably wouldn't have to use many rounds to beat your score of zero😆

If it is speed based, you are simply dreaming.

We have a member of the club who has won the NZ CAS shotgun stage (sxs) many times and he takes more than 2 seconds per load and fire. And considering most people can empty an 8+1 auto accurately in under 3 seconds,(very conservative) what are you getting at?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    res likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.