Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Versamax - any good?

Thanks for your thoughts, I decided to ask for a Remington V3, 26" barrel, they are advertised in the H&F catalogue however they now tell me that they will be here next year. They feel good, a bit lightter than the Versamax and point quite well. Hope you all have great roar hunting if you are going out, and looking forward to another duck season with the old 1187.
    Regards
    Ruger7mm

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger7mm View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, I decided to ask for a Remington V3, 26" barrel, they are advertised in the H&F catalogue however they now tell me that they will be here next year. They feel good, a bit lightter than the Versamax and point quite well. Hope you all have great roar hunting if you are going out, and looking forward to another duck season with the old 1187.
    Regards
    Ruger7mm
    Am I reading your post correctly in that you have asked for something they have advertised as available in their 2016 catalog but it will not be available for another 10 months or so?

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I wonder, all the posts that say, yip it's great , but actually I've had a few problems ,tells me that they aren't that great at all.????

I have a Browning Maxus, it feeds everything, no exceptions, has done from the start.

There was a versamax in the shop when I got the browning, I thought it was heavy and horrible to bring up.
    MAJOR F likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hi
    H&F rang the distributor who told them that Remington are manufacturing the camo and wood models and wouldn't start on the plastic blacks in 26" for some time yet, which not what the catalogue said!. I tried a Versamax 28 and it is heavy, but did shoot well once it loosened up. I do mostly jump shooting so am looking for a lighter gun than the 1187 or Versamax. I may have to look at something else. Thanks for the replies

Ruger7mm

I've brought several extractors back to NZ over the years for folk that manage to break them. I'm certainly a fan of these, and if you look hard enough of any shotgun you will find someone who isn't happy.

I've used one a few times and seem pretty nice to shoot.

A friend just bought the 22" Versamax Tactical i find it very very heavy, and surprisingly not very soft shooting. My previous post about them being based on the benelli was more about the ergonomics and fire controls, they are identical.
    Also surprising for a"tactical" shotgun meant to be off the shelf 3 gun ready it still has a scalloped lifter with thumb trap and very very stiff magazine tube spring and shell catch