Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck

Thread: winchester 37a 20 guage

winchester 37a 20 guage

seems im about to acquire one of these ....... according to mr wiki there were over a million produced (across the gauges)....between 1936 and 1969 so no way of knowing how old it actually is. or is there?
    i dont think they are valuable so was thinking of making it more practical for me by getting one or 2 barrel inserts (.410 and maybe a rifled pistol calibre) i see a couple of places have the chiappa ones listed but for a 12 guage not a 20.
    any other suggestions before i contact the agents and see if they could bring some in?

mate with a lathe..the .410 is very easy,you DO NOT need barrel to be smaller than chamber so a drill of correct size run through as deep as possible from both directions will give you a short internal barrel the choke on .20ga barrel will snig the pattern back inwards as shot exits main barrel..and do so rather well too. the longer your insert can be ,the better.
    scotty likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

i know a couple of people with lathes........