Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Black Lab Pups

Ruf do you have you fal?
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Magless View Post
    @Ruff why are you dog people fukn insane?
    Just because they are Magless. A dog is a dog (mutt even) but some people develop an insane and inexplicable passion about them even though at the end of the day the mangy mongrel and the poofy purebred both eat, shit and chase their fucking tail in the same way.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

@Ruff has a point...Too many irresponsible clowns back yard breeding, they should have restrictions. I say this as I now have a supposed 'pure' lab which I got from someone, that started to loose its eyesight from a pup. Had to retire him from hunting at 5 years due to loss of night vision and now he cant see at the age of 7. He has PRA which can lead to serious pain later on.
    My own fault for being ignorant in knowing what questions to ask the seller.
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    @Ruff has a point...Too many irresponsible clowns back yard breeding, they should have restrictions. I say this as I now have a supposed 'pure' lab which I got from someone, that started to loose its eyesight from a pup. Had to retire him from hunting at 5 years due to loss of night vision and now he cant see at the age of 7. He has PRA which can lead to serious pain later on.
    My own fault for being ignorant in knowing what questions to ask the seller.
    Exactly!
    Dougie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Ruf do you have you fal?
    A what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    A what?
    Fire Arms Licence. No doubt a comment about your lack of sanity or fit and proper person status will follow.

Ruff you know I hate your guts but far out you make a lot of sence, just a shame your posts sound pompous cos they are all the truth lol

Go the crazy dog people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    possummatti and Magless like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

All this lab talk got me excited so here are two I have had, one is like a Honey colour, the other is Golden Syrup.

Name:  232323232fp__6_nu=59___75;_24__WSNRCG=33_88365_233;nu0mrj.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  150.6 KB
    Name:  232323232fp_84_nu=59___75;_24__WSNRCG=3297_8837_33;nu0mrj.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  250.8 KB
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

love it when someone has no intention of buying something posted but feel the need to warn everyone of the issues of the item for sale. If you have no intention of buying shut your fucken pie hole. One more!
    Dundee likes this.

Yellow (and similar shades)[edit]

In the early years of the breed through to the mid-20th century, Labradors of a shade we would now call "yellow" were in fact a dark, almost butterscotch, colour (visible in early yellow Labrador photographs). The shade was known as "Golden" until required to be changed by the UK Kennel Club, on the grounds that "Gold" was not actually a colour. Over the 20th century a preference for far lighter shades of yellow through to cream prevailed, until today most yellow Labradors are of this shade. Also fawn has been a common colour in the yellow lab variety.[14]

Interest in the darker shades of gold and fox red were re-established by English breeders in the 1980s, and three dogs were instrumental in this change: Balrion King Frost (black, born c. 1976) who consistently sired "very dark yellow" offspring and is credited as having "the biggest influence in the re-development of the fox red shade",[14] and his great-grandson, the likewise famous Wynfaul Tabasco (b. 1986),[15] described as "the father of the modern fox red Labrador", and the only modern fox red Show Champion in the UK. Other dogs, such as Red Alert and Scrimshaw Placido Flamingo, are also credited with passing on the genes into more than one renowned bloodline.

This is cut and paste from Wikipedia the other colours exist but have to be registered with the kennel club as yellow if you wish to call your dog golden or fox red then don't lose any sleep over it. It would be reasonable to argue that had the uk kennel club not made the change then the shade of the modern yellow would be much darker as many breeders would have strived to meet the new expectations described in the breed standard

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

I guess no body is interested,never mind not my problem. I have met the crazy dog ladies good sorts.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I guess no body is interested,never mind not my problem. I have met the crazy dog ladies good sorts.
    Got any photos Dundee?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

A
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    love it when someone has no intention of buying something posted but feel the need to warn everyone of the issues of the item for sale. If you have no intention of buying shut your fucken pie hole. One more!
    And what made u think your post was going to be constructive?? If u have no intention of constructive contribution.... U shut your fucken pie hole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spook and username like this.

And back to the subject of the puppies
    Ruff and Toby like this.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

They are not pups from my dogs.
    Name:  733745_10151822274660746_322016233_n (1).jpg
Views: 316
Size:  27.5 KB
    EeeBees, username and oneshot like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive