Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: English Setter for Stud

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    do you mean trialing or hunting
    Both. But also breeding. A few of the breeders don't see eye to eye i get the feeling.

Crazy eh , we should be thinking more about the health of the breed rather than ego's if that is their problem .I have had offers for breeding with dogs with no papers but wont do that as one cannot keep track on what it is your breeding to .Great dogs setters and I wish I had the property for more but also the time to dedicate to them , but alas

Cmore - Jim from Gizzy here - any developments on that planned litter?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Cmore - Jim from Gizzy here - any developments on that planned litter?
    Hey.
    It is still all go. Just waiting for the bitch to come on.....

English setter pup

Hi

We have just lost our English setter which was from frank T Olsen she was 10 we are looking for another English setter has anyone got a litter on its way?

Sad losing you dog ChrisB , mine is from frand and is now 8-9 years old -I just want to breed from him -anybodyyyyyyyyy

Well Chrisb take a bitch from this up and coming litter and put El Borrachos dog to it. Both of your problems problem solved!

the sire of the bitch being used in this mating is a brother to Chris b's dog

That could be a very good thing depending on both the particular dogs you are linebreeding on, and of course, your stance on linebreeding?

El Borrachos dog is a half brother to Chris b's dog and the sire of the bitch being used

If a dog of Moulin x Warrior was used on a bitch of the proposed mating of Vårhaugens Gus and Masterfind Ida, the Coefficient of Inbreeding would still be low. In the proposed mating Woody and Line are 4 gens back, and warrior being a son of woody via velvet, it isn't as close as you might think. At a guess well under the 12.5% you get in a half-sibling mating. Again, only guessing the numbers, no doubt someone will work it out.

Not nit picking bro, just saying it is an option to keep the Wingfield/Scandinavian lines alive here in NZ. Hope someone actually sticks their hand up and does it

im all for it bro, i was just putting the relationship between the dogs we are talking about out there so other can see

Good point, lots of people read this without being a member. Hopefully some one keeps this going, from the replies in this thread there is enough interest in a litter?

HF1
    Talking to someone who has been involved with English Setters for about 60+ years and has bred them for over 40 years, there has never been a litter (to her knowledge) from artifical insemination.
    Might pay to check that out before going to the expense of collecting the semen.

Pretty sure Ian Hendren used AI a litter or so ago from a dog Leons got a few straws from and he had frozen -I remember someone telling me that this year I think