Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    I didnt really need to look but did http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaB...me=72554646200

Banned over there in only 76 posts - not a bad effort RUFF

Could be a sign that your interactions with people online are a little "confrontational"?
    I went to the posted site but couldnt get in it said

System Information

Sorry, this service is for registered members only! ( Banned over there in only 76 posts - not a bad effort RUFF ) a history by the sounds . Dejavu may be .

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Dog people are as bad as horse people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Dog people are as bad as horse people!!
    Ehh no way lol , but now you bought it up, if it ant a Quarter horse , its a meathead dog tucker lol

Quote Originally Posted by NZHTR View Post
    I went to the posted site but couldnt get in it said

System Information

Sorry, this service is for registered members only! ( Banned over there in only 76 posts - not a bad effort RUFF ) a history by the sounds . Dejavu may be .
    Nah mate, it was a joke by a mod actually... I had trouble accessing my old account so strated the "Ruff" one... <My old account was then reset and as you cannot have two the mod banned the "temporary account". Here are the stats on my main account for what it's worth....

GDT
    Donor Member
    FETCH!

3.83 Posts per day
    Date Registered:
    Apr 8th, 2010 at 3:03am
    840 Days since joining

Quote Originally Posted by RCGSP View Post
    So 2 weeks ago you said

"Follow Kawhia's advice, best blood to come to NZ in a long time."

Kawhia's advice being...

"there is also some new bloodlines recently arrived in the country both european DK's, solid working lines and the owner is breeding them soon."

Then you found out they belong to me and now they are "fkn meatheads" and "buyer beware".

Makes sense. There's a good unbiased opinion for anyone interested.

I specifically selected and imported the dogs I did for their working ability, bidability and quietness and spent a lot of money doing it. If you wanna sit back and spout unfounded bullshit about the hard work of other people from your non-existent "personal experience" then that's just sad. I'm working hard to help the breed as best I can and you're just sitting there taking pot shots. Well done.

Find a new hobby. I'm done listening to you crap on my efforts.
    Yep my mind was changed by the opinion of someone with as much or more experience of this breed as anyone in the country. And for the record the above post you quoted was made after I found who had these dogs and I'll post it (Without the users name) to prove it you want.
    Last edited by Ruff; 26-07-2012 at 08:47 AM.

RCGSP your dogs have already spoken with the prizes you have won

You don't need to justify anything to anyone RCGSP...you already have spoken far better than words on a forum

RCGSP-VETTOBE or what ever you call your self these days, its good to see its only your name that has changed and you are still passionate about your chosen breed, what results is Echo on about.PM if you want

Well this might seem against the run of play but i reckon Ryan has done bloody well with Quinn. I don;t have a high opinion of pigeon trials for pointers and setters but that aside you can;t do much more than win them and you have done that including a North island i believe. I gave my opinion early on because my experience with GWP's and most all breeds of dogs is that when working blood from their country of origin is brought in it is better than what is here... usually... hasn;t applied to springers so far, well not for 25 years but we keep trying.... however... A friend who I rate very highly saw my recommendation and gave his view. he is the most respected dog person I know and I respect his opinion on that basis i changed mine and have to be fair and say my first recommendation was, based on that wrong. My comment "Buyer Beware" was not intended as a slight, b ut more a warning to do your homework, make sure you are getting what you want. There are several suggestions on here, no one takes my word as gospel and they will make their own choices.

Contrary to how you see it Ryan, because we have VERY different views on things, does mean we have to be at odds. I'd still drink a beer with you and you might find interesting what I have to say, As I am sure I would what you had to say, we may agree on nothing, but then, that's what whiskey is for... let it go, if you can;t don;t worry... my last post on the subject. Good luck with them. I genuinely do respect your passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    i reckon Ryan has done bloody well with Quinn.
    Thank you

do your homework, make sure you are getting what you want.
    Always good advice and for the record certain people who have contacted me about dogs have been referred elsewhere when I didn't think they were right for what I have.

Your friend will be seeing my German dog after the season closes and I quit chasing birds long enough to go have a catchup so I would just ask that you reserve judgement until then. He won't be making any puppies in the meantime anyway.

Name:  ryen.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  40.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RCGSP View Post
    Thank you

Always good advice and for the record certain people who have contacted me about dogs have been referred elsewhere when I didn't think they were right for what I have.

Your friend will be seeing my German dog after the season closes and I quit chasing birds long enough to go have a catchup so I would just ask that you reserve judgement until then. He won't be making any puppies in the meantime anyway.
    Then no issue, and honestly, apart from a totally different opinion on stuff than you. I have NOTHING against you whatsoever. Good luck and God Speed.

Seriously RC, no ill will. I applaud your efforts, we just see the world different but our passion is the same. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Hi ThereI'm seriously intrested in getting myself a German short haired pointer as a general purpose gun dog, for deer,pheasents and ducks... does anyone have puppies up for sale or know of any for sale?From what I've seen of them their fantastic as a gundog and have the most amazing funny characters to em and its prompted me to want to buy one for myself... I don't need a fully trained dog right now and I'd like to be able to pick the puppy myself so hence wanting a puppy....as always guys Any help much appreciated
    Been approached to put my gsp dog over a bitch shes in season now , will do some home work on her lines ,ie hunting or show .

whats her pedigree name ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Well this might seem against the run of play but i reckon Ryan has done bloody well with Quinn. I don;t have a high opinion of pigeon trials for pointers and setters but that aside you can;t do much more than win them and you have done that including a North island i believe. I gave my opinion early on because my experience with GWP's and most all breeds of dogs is that when working blood from their country of origin is brought in it is better than what is here... usually... hasn;t applied to springers so far, well not for 25 years but we keep trying.... however... A friend who I rate very highly saw my recommendation and gave his view. he is the most respected dog person I know and I respect his opinion on that basis i changed mine and have to be fair and say my first recommendation was, based on that wrong. My comment "Buyer Beware" was not intended as a slight, b ut more a warning to do your homework, make sure you are getting what you want. There are several suggestions on here, no one takes my word as gospel and they will make their own choices.

Contrary to how you see it Ryan, because we have VERY different views on things, does mean we have to be at odds. I'd still drink a beer with you and you might find interesting what I have to say, As I am sure I would what you had to say, we may agree on nothing, but then, that's what whiskey is for... let it go, if you can;t don;t worry... my last post on the subject. Good luck with them. I genuinely do respect your passion.
    Good Man Ruff , I am a miss understood member also sometime LOL
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question