Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: the Glencuan Team in alphabetical order.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    In the northern hemisphere they poin right paw forward and in southern left paw forward , similar to water going down a sink hole
    You're not pulling my tit?
    Ruff likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

haha I think your being fully milked
    Pointer and Ruff like this.
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Ffs
    Pointer, Petros_mk and Ruff like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

sorry Toby . In all seriousness I have no idea if my dog favors a paw when pointing , pretty sure its what paw is not on ground when they react on the scent .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Thank you, Des, for sharing these photographs and text about your dogs...they are beautiful.
    Ruff and mikee like this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    I didnt know they were used for hunting
    I have seen the Dachshund in action on rats...they are wicked!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Sena, Rotherfalke Sena, Hungarian Wirehaired Vizla dog.

A departure. Owned several HPR's but never from a pup. If you knew where I shoot you would know why I bought this dog. I've only had him a couple of weeks but things are going well..........................so far.
    Last edited by des oneile; 10-08-2013 at 04:44 AM.
    Munsey likes this.

Sophie, Glencuan Sophie, Pointer bitch. Same details as Alex. Currently kennelled in Cheshire and trained and handled by my friend Roy Heath. Effectively going to be the brood bitch and the first mating is going to be to the black dog, Fuglede Uno, that number one grandson is walking in behind her on point. Every bit as good a prospect as Alex.
    Pointer likes this.

Tam, Julchris Super Trooper, 8 y/o Clumber dog. A few months earlier I had been taking a fair bit of flack about about my "fat" spaniel. When he had his summer shearing I had this taken to show the lie that that was. I get asked to bring Tam to Game Fairs to walk in gundog parades and I wish I had a fiver for every time somebody has asked me if he is " One of those Cumberland Spaniels?" Next I get a list of the things Clumbers can't/won't do and of course when I ask how many the detractor has seen Tam is usually the first. As a breed I have heard more crap talked about them than just about any other. I'm not talking giant redwoods but Tam's party piece is to wriggle underneath and bodily lift fallen trees to release tucked in pheasants. He will hunt all day and retrieve from the fastest flowing river BUT he won't enter water, even a mill pond, with a bird already in his mouth.
    Ruff, EeeBees and Scouser like this.

Van, Eiriceit Vandal, Pointer dog.
    Van is the sixth generation from my imported Italian bitch Echednei Hendi. I don't know what the future holds for him. He would be a good dog for Ireland but seems to lack the temperament for high density moors as in Yorkshire and as the mainland is where I'm aiming for the next while he may be let go. In fact I have him for sale at the moment but if I don't get a reasonable price I may well just keep him to reintroduce his genes into the next generation.
    Ruff likes this.

How is Uno coming along Des?

How is Uno coming along Des?
    Uno's breeder, Fleming Jorgensen, told Roy that he could expect to have his hands full if he didn't start training Uno while a youngster and that is exactly what Roy has done. At a trial recently I took Uno over to show him to somebody and some random person, not even talking to me, told their dog to sit. This is Uno's drop command and he threw, no other satisfactory word, himself to the ground. Not only did he drop like a sack of spuds he was quite relaxed about it and sat there looking round himself and not showing the slightest intention of moving. All his other commands are obeyed in a similar way but the big secret is that he's a really happy dog though Roy feels he is very submissive.
    In effect this dog, at twelve months old, is fully trained and Roy now wants to build his pace up. He has been worked extensively in fields with only the odd excursion on heather and Roy feels that all he now needs is more opportunities to find in heather to build up ahead of steam.

Great to hear, hope he turns out well

Basso, Oksby Basso (Imp. DK.) by Toften's Chris X Oksby Blanka.

It has taken a while but after a recent spell of form which either coincided with our trip to England or was maybe manufactured during our trip to England, and all those grouse, Basso won The Irish Pointer Club's Confined Open Stake today Sunday 18th August 2013. It is of course the old No.42 bus scenario as yesterday he had been fourth in The Northern Ireland Pointer Club's Open Stake at Glenwherry.

Is there any difference, other than colour, between the English pointers with black spots and the ones with brown/orange spots?

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.