Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: proper pointers

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    El B your ability to alienate yourself just by being yourself is legendary

I dont hunt birds but do hunt public land and if taking someone else I usually prefer to hunt new ground. That way if it turns out to be a good spot it becomes "our spot" and we will hunt it together or apart but ask if the other wants to come.
    On the odd occasion I take someone to one of "my" spots I ask that they dont return and shoot the shit out of it, Most of the time they dont sometimes they do the ones that do dont come to anymore of "my" spots
    haha , Veitnamcam unlike many I can go against the flow if I disagree with it -I can stand alone on subjects and feel ok -try it sometime .Can you imagine how boring this all would be with a bunch of head nodders hahaha
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

By the way -what do you do if you arrive at your favorite spot and there are several hunters already there -- they probably think what the f--k this dick doing here at our spot --really viscious circle -then you there and your mate turns up and you want to say " what are you doing at my spot "even though its on a doc ballot for him to hunt --did you say that to him or did you hold back because you know your an arse hole if you did -- and the viscious circle goes on --I stay out of those circles and think not to think how some of you do
    Last edited by el borracho; 10-08-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    haha , Veitnamcam unlike many I can go against the flow if I disagree with it -I can stand alone on subjects and feel ok -try it sometime .Can you imagine how boring this all would be with a bunch of head nodders hahaha
    What exactly should I be standing alone on?

Ever heard of the "Man code" I guess not
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

What exactly should I be standing alone on?

Ever heard of the "Man code" I guess not
    Actually no , I have not heard of man code ? I have a code that might be the same -it includes sharing , caring , not to be scared of moisturizing , showing empathy to others and not sweating the small things .Nothing I do would include the attitude of dissing a mate who cares to hunt a ground open to the public every day of the week to hunt just because I think its especially mine .Now tell me about your Man code

Some things cant be explained

Meeting other hunters on the hills usually results in a friendly chat about where we have been and where we intend to go.

Some things cant be explained

Meeting other hunters on the hills usually results in a friendly chat about where we have been and where we intend to go.
    were talking upland game hunting not deer stalking -a slightly different thing I suppose though similar principle still applies - don't try to control other people especially with stuff you don't own or have a right to control -this aint your forest and not your dune country --your see once you think you make the rules another comes along with a different set of rules -just their own opinion but the fact is you dont have any right what so ever to put your shit on to others because you feel uncomfortable .My situation with Uplander is different again and I personally have no problem with him and would hunt again with him even though his values differ to mine -- just dont sweat the small stuff --went to the gun shop today and my friend behind the counter say"I got cancer "

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    With the place were talking about your quite wrong it is about property rights -one trying to stop another hunting a piece of land every man and his dog can hunt if they want to .The particular peice is not far from grounds I used to trial at in the north , across the harbor and surrounded by a few other spots -if you hunt the area sooner or later you hunt this area too -with or without Uplandnorthlander.
    The spot I hunted with him was 10 years ago for a weekend and the following year for two day and not since then till three weeks ago .You might understand my attitude toward his comments understanding this . In saying that If he thinks I am cutting his lunch he needs to understand when he isnt there others are eating at the table because IT IS PUBLIC LAND OFFERED ON NORTHLANDS HUNTING BALLOT-DO you know how many go north to hunt -my god nothing is secret -these attitudes sound like surfers who think because this year they found a secret spot its theirs but behind them was a generation of others .

actually it not about property rights, its exactly as RCGSP has said

Zharn , we diametrically disagree about you having control on other shooters hunting a known piece of Doc ground -when other shooters come on the ground do you say this is my ground piss off or is it only to me you want to say this ??

You have a set of rules that you follow -next I have a set of rules that I follow and they differ --it doesnt matter what XYZ thinks at the end off the day as 50 billion other hunters can apply and shoot the same dirt --oh except me as I have to ask you for permission right ??right ??

How many other think they can control other people here -- it will be good to see who you are

upNorth uplandlander , shall we go and shoot one of my property's next week near Muriwai , I can pick you and your spaniel up and run the dogs ?

I was always taught if someone is kind enough take you hunting (or fishing for that matter) to one of their spots you never go back unless its with them. Public or private land and works both ways
    veitnamcam and R93 like this.

Caretaker
    Im with you there mikee.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I was always taught if someone is kind enough take you hunting (or fishing for that matter) to one of their spots you never go back unless its with them. Public or private land and works both ways
    Exactly

No etiquette folks get :pissed off :nek minit not friends .. no more invites , really if someone has done the leg work and invites me to hunt his secret spot x with him, he's a G.C and i wouldnt go back uninvited ,and have little respect for guys that would .

Secret spots are secret spots some spots just are not secret --a big difference

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!