Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: What bollocks is this?

Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    Not at all. Quite normal as forums evolve. Anyone would think something horrible had happened like a springer had pointed a bird and a gwp had flushed without pointing ...
    One of the things I liked about this place was that it is simple. FnH has way too many sub sections. Are you going to divide all the forums sections in to equally silly divisions?
    headcase likes this.

I actually don't care that much, I just like getting a rise out of you as you seem to be a bit of a power tripper
    headcase and RCGSP like this.

I know my posts about lanyards, beer etc were probably airy fairy stuff...I apologise completely if any have brought about this change...I am sure many of us would be interested in pig dogs and how they are trained etc cos we are for hunting dogs...

PS...my dogs are hunting dogs...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I like your lanyards.

Pointer, you can amuse yourself getting a rise out of me to you hearts content.

Just have a wee look at the rest of this forum. This is not a place people come to wind people up. The bulk of the members on this forum are really proud of they atmosphere here, and they should be. It's their forum and they made it how it is.

Call me a power tripper if you like. Maybe I am. To be honest it's dealing with poisonous sections that robs all the fun out of the administration side.

I spent all day reading through dog threads, 90% of which ended in a shit fight.

What was actually on my to do list was some step by step how toos for the formatting and buttons of the forum.
    You guys do nothing but good in my mind Tussock, I don't envy some of the shit you have to deal with

I don't think the splitting of the dog section will change the number of times some people bare their teeth
    Let it run I say, if it has legs we can train it or take it out the back and put it down if it doesn't.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Seems to me like the real problem is some precious little flowers getting butt hurt over fuck all

I was thinking more along the lines of the guy that got his dander up because I asked him what a post had to do with the topic of discussion, deleted his post and messaged me telling me not to be so mean
    headcase likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Pointer, you can amuse yourself getting a rise out of me to you hearts content.

Just have a wee look at the rest of this forum. This is not a place people come to wind people up. The bulk of the members on this forum are really proud of they atmosphere here, and they should be. It's their forum and they made it how it is.
    Thats' the thing Tussock, I like this place a lot. When Phillipo E-mailed me telling me there was a new forum to away from the old rubbish, I signed up immediately. I'm not sure when, but I would have to had been one of the very early members here. I like what it set out to achieve, and how it has grown so well on the strength of its members and the atmosphere they create.

I just honestly don't think segregating people is what this place needs. What this place needs, and I have said it all along, is stronger moderation. I know there is a fear amongst the moderation team here that the essence of this place is due to the 'by the people, for the people' approach, but sometimes people just need telling. Especially dog people, they usually tend to be a rather black and white bunch.
    el borracho likes this.

Theres alot of cross over tussock in the dog world, alot of dogs are used on both game and birds, i say get rid of the trial and pedigree words from the headings

And just have a bird dog section and a hunting dog section? Aren't they one in the same?

I use my dogs for all of the above

Obviously, rarely we are left with no choice. There is always a line. You don't tolerate spam for example. But we always do the absolute minimum.

I'm getting told I'm on a power trip, and I'm also getting told we don't moderate heavily enough.
    Tussock
    I used to fine when administrating things or in mediation that if both extreme ends of opposing groups were bitching about a decision then you were doing the right thing for the majority.

By that rule of thumb you earn a big from most forum users.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

HF1
    I preferred it as it was.

how many people do you know Tussock that wont post n the dog section really----?bugger all I bet.let it run-so what we disagree alot big deal.there's not a single person on this forum I dislike or hold a grudge against and I am rather outspoken one could say and i usually cop shit
    headcase and Pointer like this.
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Personally couldn't give a rats arse with the change !. I scan and read only titles in new posts , and most of time am oblivious too what section they come from . Maybe it should have been named" dog fight section"! . I will still frequent both sections probably without even knowing it .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms