Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree151Likes

Thread: What bollocks is this?

I remember a wile back I said you dog people seem crazy, imma change that to ARE
    VIVA LA HOWA

Maybe Toby when you leave the care of your mommy you'll see this is the way adult people act when they have opinions --just a thought !!
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    Not directed at anyone at all, but if all the dog people care so much about dog hunting and trials and the what not why don't you spend more time actually out hunting with your dogs as opposed to fighting over whether there should be two threads or one under dogs. Personally I like it because now I can double my procrastination at work!
    It almost seems like the fight in US between rifle hunters and bow hunters - we have enough critisers of hunting without fighting amongst ourselves. We all want the same thing so just let it go ad enjoy a free, happy and welcoming forum. Everyone of you guys that has argued together has separately to me been more than as helpful as I ever could have asked for and I like you all so just get along together. There's no wankers here...ok maybe a couple but none on the dog threads!
    I've always sort of looked at trials vs working like shooting vs hunting.
    EeeBees likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Ha ha How about grumpy weirdos ?? Put one comment in thats not their opinion and they'll be taking no prisoners .... Skin ya alive .. So look out !! Just joking (or not ) ..

Put one pic of your dog who has three times the patience of some of these guys , four times more brain and get tolds its tryin to be the boss and needs that look takin care of ...

Good joke it sleeps with the cat and the jack russell and both of them boss him around as well as the calves and other stock cause he knows how to relax and has no interest in being the boss. Way too laid back !!

Maybe loan him to some on here. Best place from some of the comments you ve see on this part or the forum is "Left Right Out"

That ll start a cat fight ooops sorry dog fight of epic proportions ...
    some of those grumpy guys you speak of are very good dog trainers and know there stuff --it can get a bit pointed sometimes but it doesnt mean you have to do as they say although probably not a bad idea if you want a good working dog ! I dont think anyone takes it to heart for more than a day LOL

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    some of those grumpy guys you speak of are very good dog trainers and know there stuff --it can get a bit pointed sometimes but it doesnt mean you have to do as they say although probably not a bad idea if you want a good working dog ! I dont think anyone takes it to heart for more than a day LOL
    Gee it must be just such a stressfull thing by the reactions we see but have seen Mothers at Pony Club.. They tend to operate in a similar way .. Not vocally but bloody long finger nails...

and stab proof body armour required especially around the back.

Never mind not mixed up in it. All my animlas behave well enough for me and theres never any bashing or yelling or force required or abuse required and doesnt need to be..

Just praise and acknowledgement or stop , wait. lets try that again ..
    Last edited by Happy; 12-02-2013 at 09:16 AM.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    No one is questioning anyone's dog training ability.

Reality is there are also a lot of calm, softly spoken dog trainers who really know their shit as well. They simply can't be bothered wading into the shit fight that is our dog section.

We want those guys posting. We don't want a section that is so antagonistic people are continually driven out of it.

El B, go back trough the posts. Threads almost always end with a post from the same people. Many people have come into the section, posted a topic or a question and not returned. You may be right, they may not take it to heart, but they don't come back either.

This needs to be a more positive space where people of all levels of experience can come and post without feeling on edge or concerned someone is going to jump down their throat.
    My health has significantly improved since not reading posts by certain people I am not saying I am a top dog trainer, I am a dog owner and a new hunter, and tbh I can't be bothered reading the dog threads (or taking them seriously) as I tend to want to murder my neighbour after visiting this section of the forum. I'd rather stumble over my own feet and test things out on my own accord. I think as well as scaring away people with good information, this section is also scaring away people who want information.
    Spook, EeeBees, Happy and 1 others like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

What bollocks is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Gee it must be just such a stressfull thing by the reactions we see but have seen Mothers at Pony Club.. They tend to operate in a similar way .. Not vocally but bloody long finger nails...

and stab prook body armour required especially around the back.

Never mind not mixed up in it. All my animlas behave well enough for me and theres never any bashing or yelling or force required or abuse required and doesnt need to be..

Just praise and acknowledgement or stop , wait. lets try that again ..
    dont do it happy ! dont turn to the dark side by startn to make dog related comments hahaha.im lovn this thread its very entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by 30calterry View Post
    dont do it happy ! dont turn to the dark side by startn to make dog related comments hahaha.im lovn this thread its very entertaining
    ooops roger that I m out Goooooonnne Saved in the knickers of time....
    Last edited by Happy; 12-02-2013 at 09:26 AM.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Tussock, I think you hit the nail on the head bro, PM the people who you think can help you , that way it cuts out all the shit

Dougie , I have seen your run ins but in saying that you don't have to take the advice although I do think they were 100% correct with certain methods mentioned .
    I don't view myself as being aggressive toward others but certainly hold my ground and ask the questioned especially if they are not answered to my satisfaction .
    Yes some of us ramble on -yes some others are more aggressive in the way they answer but you can also imagine the frustration with certain people that truly know having black called white when they know its black !
    I myself with training will put it on the paddock to show my stuff good bad or ugly and do it more than once to show its no fluke --I always put up so I dont have to shut up .
    I think others with less experience should share the experiences without fair of being mocked but in saying that should not take offense if questioned and take good advice when offered .

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Seriously, what the f*&k is wrong with you guys???... are your egos that fragile you can;t handle the slightest piece of rejection... it's fucking simple...

Normal people (i.e: non dog people) are sick to fucking death with how crazy we are, our bullshit, our egos, our temperaments... all they have done is created a space where we can still be our fragile idiotic ego driven eccentric cot cases and leave people with hog hounds, deer hounds and general hounds to talk normally... if anything, we have been given freedom to be the as mental as we always have been... be grateful... most people would have told us all to fuck off.!
    Nail on the head there.

I personally find the dog forum quite dynamic and fun .Tussock I generally dont try to offer advice or offer criticism in the areas I know nothing about -deer -pigs -lurching .Others may but my 2 cents worth would only put you in debt

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Seriously, what the f*&k is wrong with you guys???... are your egos that fragile you can;t handle the slightest piece of rejection... it's fucking simple...

Normal people (i.e: non dog people) are sick to fucking death with how crazy we are, our bullshit, our egos, our temperaments... all they have done is created a space where we can still be our fragile idiotic ego driven eccentric cot cases and leave people with hog hounds, deer hounds and general hounds to talk normally... if anything, we have been given freedom to be the as mental as we always have been... be grateful... most people would have told us all to fuck off.!
    Dont you get it, this is a way to tell you (and a couple of others) to fuck off! You say non dog people are sick to fucking death.... lots of us dog people are also sick to fucken death of it. You say you try and help people - bullshit - you monopolise the conversation and rant - who the fuck needs that? Not me, that is for sure. Yeah maybe I might miss out on some good advice but when the trade-off to get it is to listen to bizarre preaching rants every day I think I will take my chances. Have a happy day
    Spook, Dougie and 308 like this.

Don't hold back now...tell it as you see it
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Dont you get it, this is a way to tell you (and a couple of others) to fuck off! You say non dog people are sick to fucking death.... lots of us dog people are also sick to fucken death of it. You say you try and help people - bullshit - you monopolise the conversation and rant - who the fuck needs that? Not me, that is for sure. Yeah maybe I might miss out on some good advice but when the trade-off to get it is to listen to bizarre preaching rants every day I think I will take my chances. Have a happy day
    hehehe bit Ruff on Ruff there OPIO