Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: What breed is this

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    Pedigree dogs are awesome and have several advantages for specific purposes. Cross's still have their place and should never be looked down on. A good one is as good as any pedigree. Second best dog I ever owned was a LaxXGSP and was a machine. I wished I knew back then what I do now.... she'd have been even better! Attachment 69768
    Funny how true this is, yet mutts SOMETIMES can smash a pure at their own game.
    As a young fella I had a lab X, yellow mutt. It was the meanest holder you'd ever see, deer were to easy. Ducks? Her training was we went out opening, I shot ducks she bought them back in perfect condition, and cause it was a river there was some very long retrieves especially when there was several down at once. Could scull a beer better than a lot of guys I know.
    Pure breed whippet turned into a stunner once she realized she wasn't gunshy. Best whippet? possibly.
    Pip the pure whp, she is now a good solid rabbiter. But fuck, it's been a long road.
    Jack, who would know what his breeding is. He's foxy size, jack russel/bullheaded/wanker arrogant cunt attitude and the best rabbit dog there is. He has shown some flash as springers etc up after they have done a block.

Pure or X doesn't matter, what you put into them is FAR more important. Time on the hill at the right time in their development, lots of time right then. And every dogs is different.
    P38, Dundee, Ruff and 2 others like this.

my late JJwas a lab x-crossed with what -=IMHO-a bloody d8 bulldozer! a more laid back clown il lnever meet ,but jesus h christ he had a dark side-He locked up with sons pedigree staffy "munta"- ibroke a hammer handle over his swede and i broke a fucking toe booting him in the ribs before the big bastard let go.
    people used to love the big goon -whats his breeding...........me coming from a family with more than a passing interest in throughbre/d horses
    "hes by Roamin Catholic x Opportunity..one daft old duck wanted to ow if I stood RC at stud
    he was 53.5kgs when we mercifully sent him to the great playground in the sky-even the vet said -shes gonna take a big dose with this boy!
    he definitely had lab looks although his bloody great 6" hawser tail had retriever characteristics according to my bro whose a vet.fuck it hurt when he thumped you with it!
    very strange this very same dog would get up if daughters birman cat whomIsuspect is angled parked in the parallel universe wanted to lie in the sunny spot,and the oter bloody cats used to use him as a step to climb on the couch!
    same daughter and partner got a mad blood aussie lorikeet -batman"ring ring ...hello...fuck off......Batty batty booo.....-this crazy little prick if let out of the cage would waddle across the lounge and perch on JJs swede -JJ as usual would carry on snoring his big swede off.
    gadget/TR/C404 GSPF all met the big hump!!
    hopefully when i finish u[p in greymouth in december and head back over the hillIm gonna get me another lab or lab x pup and call him NATO.hell be my retirement project and if i get half the laughs i got with JJIllbe a bloody contented man.
    sorry for wafflin on fol;ks but thats me..BTW Sean-=ACElooks a bloody cracker!go for your life ya beauty.
    Dundee and Sean like this.