Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Arseholes lay poison !

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    My thoughts......
    Fuck 1080 off full stop then no animals die a cruel death weather intentional by government or public!! With no 1080 this whole shit mess goes away!
    Totaly agree BUT..... Leave a couple of bags of pellets for me to sprinkle on the asholes food that is trying kill dogs in Pureora. See how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    See how he feels.
    I would say pretty bad!

Quote Originally Posted by HF1 View Post
    And why haven't PETA jumped on this bandwagon?
    Money

HF1
    Oh, Pointer. Your are so cynical. Surely PETA wouldn't be swayed from their ideals by the mighty dollar?

Tools not Toys
    Totaly agree BUT..... Leave a couple of bags of pellets for me to sprinkle on the asholes food that is trying kill dogs in Pureora. See how he feels.
    Once heard a trapper say that as far as 1080 cereal bait goes as harming humans, its up to fuck all, and that he would feed it to his kids! It really does fuck all to humans though so maybe better to just kick the asshole

On the other hand what it does to animals is terrible, especially for sum nutter to target guys dogs!

I am totally against the use of such an indiscriminate poison that is apparently "necessary" to control an animal that I see frig all of, and not for lack looking either.

Something about the high roller red tape wankers wanting to keep their high salary jobs doing fuck all, makes me wonder just how necessary a lot of stuff is.
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

HF1
    Pointer, I got a response from my enquiry to PETA about why we don't hear them protesting about 1080 - very bland, of course.

"Thank you for contacting our affiliate PETA US regarding 1080 poison. They have forwarded your enquiry on to the team here at PETA Australia.

PETA opposes all forms of culling and hunting as an ineffective and inhumane action. The only humane form of euthanasia is lethal injection – all other methods of slaughter, including shooting, poisoning trapping and hunting with dogs, cause fear, pain and long agonising deaths.

Poisoning with 1080 or sodium monofluroacetate causes disorientation, diarrhea, vomiting, convulsions and slow agonizing deaths that can take over 24hrs. As with any poison, there is a high risk of poisoning non target animals.

Humane, long-term wildlife control techniques exist. Possible long term solutions include immune contraception for target animals. In one European study of a long lasting fertility suppressant, they succeeded in establishing an 89% reduction in fertility in female feral goats which lasted for at least two years after treatment.

Other humane methods include reducing the availability of appropriate shelters and placing exclusion fencing at appropriate points. Torturing and killing animals will never restore balance to the natural environment. The only reasonable solutions are to either make the land itself inhospitable to the animals or to work on controlling animal populations through reducing their fertility.

PETA Australia has made several submissions to government reviews on the hunting and culling of animals, as well as writing letters to councils undertaking animal control through poisoning and taking part in media stories regarding animal control.

We will continue to push for greater protection for all animals under current legislation and would encourage you to take every opportunity to write to the government and media whenever this issue can be highlighted."

Yawn!!
    Last edited by HF1; 27-06-2013 at 08:06 PM.

I've translated and condensed it for you HF1

"Basically, we won't take on a government over our beliefs. It's too expensive. Yours sincerely, PETA"
    veitnamcam and HF1 like this.

Ohhh I love this one

The only reasonable solutions are to either make the land itself inhospitable...
    How do they propose that? Destroying native forest?

That answer is why they don't succeeded in what they do!

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    Once heard a trapper say that as far as 1080 cereal bait goes as harming humans, its up to fuck all, and that he would feed it to his kids! It really does fuck all to humans though so maybe better to just kick the asshole
    I would like this trapper to try and convince me that 1080 is fuck all. As for the remark about feeding it to his kids,only a brainless prick would speak like that.

I can assure you that 1080 to humans is extremely lethal . No smell,no taste,no antidote.

Name:  picture 1631.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  163.4 KB

this bumper sticker sums it up,spotted this in a Ruahine Ranges car park
    Wirehunt, doinit and hanse like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

HF1
    That answer is why they don't succeeded in what they do!
    I responded to the email I received and got an equally lame response assuring me that

"We will continue to speak up for animals who suffer and die through the use of 1080.

Thanks for your compassion and support."

A Tui's moment?

YIP

Tools not Toys
    Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    I would like this trapper to try and convince me that 1080 is fuck all. As for the remark about feeding it to his kids,only a brainless prick would speak like that.

I can assure you that 1080 to humans is extremely lethal . No smell,no taste,no antidote.
    Haha yip must have been a brainless prick, Bit of good old Wikipedia has enlightened me to the fact that you would not be advised to feed your kids 1080, hopefully this joker had no kids!! Although in he was probably meaning that as far as poison goes its not too lethal for humans ie easy to handle etc without dying.
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    The only way to stop the use of 1080 in this country is to kill off all the animals that DoC are targeting...every body get off your arse, shut down your computer and go out and kill something...I will lead by example...see you later, I am off to kill something.
    You do realise the main reason 1080 has to be used is because of the rules from another government dept?
    We can't CONTROL and sell rabbit meat easily because of MPI, so 1080 is used instead. Go figure that one out.